• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Concrete Wall Vinyl Help

Intense01

Need some help on a possible upcoming job. What is the best vinyl to use for a more permanent type decal on a painted, fairly smooth textured, concrete wall? I have seen so many different replies. I was thinking of using a cast wrap vinyl with a glossy overlam (IJ180 w/8518). I have read about some specific wall vinyl but it seems like it is only for temporary use.

Is there something else out there that would be better for the job? The decals are 25'x4'. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

visual800

I really doubt that is gonna work unless that surface is absolutely airtight so that decal can grab alot of realestate if I had to shoose and alternative I would say place in on aluminum if that was doable OR the best option handpaint it

Letterbox Mike

If the paint surface is glossy you might be able to get away with a high-tack cast vinyl with laminate if you heat it well and use a roller to roll it into the texture. Arlon DPF8000 or Orajet 3951HT maybe. The key will heat and a roller, like 3M's rollers for their textured surface vinyl.

Intense01

Thank you Tim for the help. Stan won't have anything available for quite some time.

I still need help on this if anyone has any input. It turns out the wall is painted Flat but the wall is pretty smooth textured. I was going to try a small portion with 180 cv3, heat and a roller to see if it will stick.

Lexchess

3M IJ8624 with 3M 8524 Lam, using HP L25500, worked for us on a 35' x 10' wall with direct sunlight and rain hitting it. One year later it is looking great.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Arlon, Mactac, and 3M all have special vinyls made for this application. Very expensive but those are the guys I know have it.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
3M IJ8624 with 3M 8524 Lam, using HP L25500, worked for us on a 35' x 10' wall with direct sunlight and rain hitting it. One year later it is looking great.

Lol I didnt see this post but this is the 3M product you should use.

jfiscus

Rap Master
The MacTac Rough Wrap Wall Wrap works awesome and is made specifically for jobs just like this. Your supplier should be able to send you a sample to show the customer. Our sample from about 2 years ago still looks like new, but has now been covered by shelving in the garage... Lots of heat and a rolly-pro gets the job done.

dolce05

180c v3 with 8518 gloss overlam. Its the wall behind the boat. Its in extreme sun all day and has seen some brutal winters. It stayed up for 3 years till we moved and removed it. It showed no signs of adhesion failure an would have stayed up another 3 years. It basically was an experiment to answer the question you have now. We were very satisfied.

Attachments

• walllll.jpg
    walllll.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 129

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
180c v3 with 8518 gloss overlam. Its the wall behind the boat. Its in extreme sun all day and has seen some brutal winters. It stayed up for 3 years till we moved and removed it. It showed no signs of adhesion failure an would have stayed up another 3 years. It basically was an experiment to answer the question you have now. We were very satisfied.

Man that boat wrap is sweeeeet!!!