Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concrete Wall Vinyl

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by Sign-Man Signs, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Sign-Man Signs

Sign-Man Signs Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Any vendor or member printing concrete wall vinyl? Have a small job, 4 x 8 I need to do. Anyone?

Tags:
  2. JTBoh

JTBoh I sell signage and signage accessories.

Jun 15, 2011
    Clermont, FL
    0.040 Aluminum... not worth the hassle.

3. aaronJREgraphics

aaronJREgraphics Member

Mar 27, 2012
    3M IJ 8624 made for textured wall like block and brick you can get it in smaller rolls but its kinda pricy but stuff is amazing just did a 10'x30' textured wall sign on the front of a brick school with it and it looks painted on love the stuff. You have to apply then heat and roll it into the brick or block, you have to use the matching lam for it to work as well so just keep that in mind if you go that route, good luck!!

4. JoeBoomer

JoeBoomer Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Arlon DPF 8000 w/ Arlon 3220 lam. Careful... it will rip every arm hair off and prob. some skin. :)

5. SignStudent

SignStudent Member

Jun 12, 2010
    TN
    Check out Georgia PrintCo, not too far from you.

6. mtrider

mtrider Member

Apr 10, 2009
    Usa
    @aaron.... what kind of outdoor life do you experience with the 8624? We've installed a couple times indoors... but i am unsure of its durability outdoors in a freeze /thaw climate...i've pitch to a couple clients, but am always unsure what to tell them as far as longevity? BTW..we installed it on 75' of polished cinderblock... was up for almost two years with minimal signs of lift.......... until Sandy came and flooded 4' high of it.... it actually stuck pretty well... but with all the salt water, chemicals , and environmental cleaners= FAIL.... heres some before pics...

Attached Files:

7. TheLairdGuy

TheLairdGuy New Member

Nov 15, 2012
    MACtac makes a product called "RoughRAP" that's specifically made more brick/concrete walls. You have to use solvent printing, and it's got an extremely high-tack adhesive that lasts. It's a "permanent" adhesive and should last through most environments because it's made for indoor & outdoor usage.

If you have a preference to a different brand, I'm sure you can call up your supplier and ask for a comparable product by a different manufacturer. If you're looking for someone to actually do the printing and/or installation for you, you might try calling around to some of the other printing shops near you and seeing if they have any experience working with this application or material.

Best of luck with the job Sign-Man!

P.S. You didn't happen to see the Santa Surfing out in Cocoa Beach did you? It was in the Florida Today on the home page. I grew up there and was home for the x-mas break to see it; very cool!