• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Concrete Wall Vinyl

3M IJ 8624 made for textured wall like block and brick you can get it in smaller rolls but its kinda pricy but stuff is amazing just did a 10'x30' textured wall sign on the front of a brick school with it and it looks painted on love the stuff. You have to apply then heat and roll it into the brick or block, you have to use the matching lam for it to work as well so just keep that in mind if you go that route, good luck!!

mtrider

@aaron.... what kind of outdoor life do you experience with the 8624? We've installed a couple times indoors... but i am unsure of its durability outdoors in a freeze /thaw climate...i've pitch to a couple clients, but am always unsure what to tell them as far as longevity? BTW..we installed it on 75' of polished cinderblock... was up for almost two years with minimal signs of lift.......... until Sandy came and flooded 4' high of it.... it actually stuck pretty well... but with all the salt water, chemicals , and environmental cleaners= FAIL.... heres some before pics...

Attachments

• IMG_1141.jpg
    IMG_1141.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1147.jpg
    IMG_1147.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1155.jpg
    IMG_1155.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1164.jpg
    IMG_1164.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1172.jpg
    IMG_1172.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1167.jpg
    IMG_1167.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 72

TheLairdGuy

MACtac makes a product called "RoughRAP" that's specifically made more brick/concrete walls. You have to use solvent printing, and it's got an extremely high-tack adhesive that lasts. It's a "permanent" adhesive and should last through most environments because it's made for indoor & outdoor usage.

If you have a preference to a different brand, I'm sure you can call up your supplier and ask for a comparable product by a different manufacturer. If you're looking for someone to actually do the printing and/or installation for you, you might try calling around to some of the other printing shops near you and seeing if they have any experience working with this application or material.

Best of luck with the job Sign-Man!

P.S. You didn't happen to see the Santa Surfing out in Cocoa Beach did you? It was in the Florida Today on the home page. I grew up there and was home for the x-mas break to see it; very cool!