• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Configuration File Missing when trying to send job to Output?

303DC

This started happening randomly. No idea why. I've tried deleting Flexi and reinstalling, and I even formatted my PC. Still no fix. I'm completely stumped. :( Any help would be greatly appreciated.

*UPDATE*: I tried a completely different computer, and even tried a completely different substrate, and it didn't work. Seems like this is an issue with the printer. (HP L310)

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• ConfigFileMissing.jpg
    ConfigFileMissing.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 96
  • ConfigFileMissing2.jpg
    ConfigFileMissing2.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 70

tooth63

Same here

This happened to me too trying to use an Oracal profile. I switched profiles and it stopped not sure what the problem is.

SignBurst PCs

I think that this has something to do with the way that Flexi syncs the profile with that printer. If I recall correctly, Flexi actually "pulls" the profile info from the printer.

I have seen it before with one of my customers and we were able to resolve it.

I will look up in my logs and see if I can find it (if someone doesn't come up with the answer before I do).

SignBurst PCs

Since it only happens randomly, it may be a networking issue. If your printer is having a difficult time syncing the profile because of network issues, you may see this error.

I see that your printer's IP is 192.168.1.100. I assume then, that your printer is connected to a router and not directly to the RIP computer via a 2nd Ethernet adapter. Is that correct? If that is the case, you will want to be sure that the printers address (192.168.1.100) is not in the DHCP range of the router. If it is, then the router could be assigning the same address to another device on the network and your router could be getting "confused".

You could also try connecting the printer directly to the RIP computer via a 2nd Ethernet adapter on the RIP computer. In that case, you would give the 2nd Ethernet adapter an address of 10.0.0.5 and the printer an address of 10.0.0.10 (both would have a subnet mask of 255.000.000.000, no DNS, and no default gateway). This would eliminate any network related issues between the computer and printer.

303DC

Thanks for the ideas, everyone. Flexi remoted in and was able to resolve the issue. They had to grab a config file from that of a HP L360 and copy/paste it to my HP L310 directory and overwrite the existing file. After that, it worked again. So, something go corrupted somewhere. The odd thing was that it did this on a computer that had never seen my printer, or Flexi. No clue, but that fixed it.