• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Confusing Corel question .

autoexebat

For the life of me I can't figure out what is wrong, best way to describe is by pictures ..

My document size is 25 inches , when I highlight all sections it tells me my actual size is 24.827 = Cool as it will fit no problem.

I export it as a EPS like I do every file , bring it into Roland and it's 26.9 inches...

I have been working on this file for 2 hours now and cant get it ... I also make a huge square and placed it behind the objects to see if something was there I was missing , but nothing is shown.

Also I can export it as a PDF and the size is Correct , but missing contour cuts ...:banghead:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Can you post the exported eps to take a look at?
Hard to guess what might be wrong by blind reckoning.
Send me a pm and I'll give you an email to drop it on.
wayne k
guam usa

OldPaint

you need to go back to the file.......UNGROUP IT........and get into magnification ......i will bet you have some object/period/coma piece of a line somewhere in the area of what your trying to export/save..........you need to delete it....

graphicwarning

Possibly, unless you do have a stray object you are grabbing before you export... it's the "EPS Margin" setting in Versaworks thats the issue.

If you print the file, it should be the correct, even though in versaworks the dimensions displayed have changed.

In your versaworks queue settings, click on "File Format" on the left... the first setting says "EPS Margin". Your dimension is nearly 2" different... don't know why it'd be so large, IF it is the EPS Margin setting thats changing it...

Double check that... if thats not the issue... then maybe post the Corel file?

Jillbeans

I'm dumb as a bag of hair when it comes to stuff like this.
But could that little button that looks like a lock (in the toolbar) be checked or unchecked?
Love....Jill

autoexebat

you need to go back to the file.......UNGROUP IT........and get into magnification ......i will bet you have some object/period/coma piece of a line somewhere in the area of what your trying to export/save..........you need to delete it....
If that was the case why wouldnt this object be present in a pdf file ? Its only too big during eps exporting. I wish I could post the file but its a full atv design that I dont want to share. I did mange to print it but I had to break it down into a few sections.

J Hill Designs

If that was the case why wouldnt this object be present in a pdf file ? Its only too big during eps exporting. I wish I could post the file but its a full atv design that I dont want to share. I did mange to print it but I had to break it down into a few sections.

because pdf exports ONLY the page size

Joe Diaz

Sometimes it helps to run through the checklist of things to look for when exporting, just to check and see if you are missing any steps:

1. select only the artwork you want to export.
2. go to file -> export
3. make sure "save as type" is "EPS", and you have the file name you want.
4. and this is important, under that their should be a box that says = "selected only" Make sure that is checked, otherwise everything in that file will try to export.
5. Select "Export"
6. Make sure "Output color as" is "Native" and make sure "Convert spot colors to" is NOT checked, if they are your cut contour will not work.
7. I have Preview image set to "none" It's not really necessary and can add to the file size.
8. "Export test as" to "Curves"
9. "Compatibility" to "Post Script 3"'
10. Then select "OK"

That is how we do it anyways.

J Hill Designs

Sometimes it helps to run through the checklist of things to look for when exporting, just to check and see if you are missing any steps:

1. select only the artwork you want to export.
2. go to file -> export
3. make sure "save as type" is "EPS", and you have the file name you want.
4. and this is important, under that their should be a box that says = "selected only" Make sure that is checked, otherwise everything in that file will try to export.
5. Select "Export"
6. Make sure "Output color as" is "Native" and make sure "Convert spot colors to" is NOT checked, if they are your cut contour will not work.
7. I have Preview image set to "none" It's not really necessary and will dramatically add to the file size.
8. "Export test as" to "Curves"
9. "Compatibility" to "Post Script 3"'
10. Then select "OK"

That is how we do it anyways.

:thumb:

autoexebat

Thanks , I did it exactly how you said , somehow something is still selected ...

If I export to PDF its perfect again , Is there a way I can have contour cuts in the PDF ? I know I have had contour cuts in PDFS before but when I do it in this file the contour cuts are not shown .

no spot colors is not checked

Joe Diaz

Thanks , I did it exactly how you said , somehow something is still selected ...

If I export to PDF its perfect again , Is there a way I can have contour cuts in the PDF ? I know I have had contour cuts in PDFS before but when I do it in this file the contour cuts are not shown .

no spot colors is not checked

We send .eps to our printer not PDFs so I will refer to someone else's experience, but you could try selecting "Current Proof Settings" from your PDF preset to make sure that your "cut contour" spot color is working. I would think that would work.

But I still cannot seem to figure out why the EPS isn't working for you. You have just what you want to print selected and you are definitely making sure "selected only" is checked?

What happens when you Select All, Ctrl A? what does you selection box look like? Is it just this one file that is doing this?

Metro9100

Different size

Can you post the exported eps to take a look at?
Hard to guess what might be wrong by blind reckoning.
Send me a pm and I'll give you an email to drop it on.
wayne k
guam usa

SOmetimes thick outlines increase the visual size, but the measure size is based on the object minus the outline. Just a thought

blufftonsignguy

Wire Frame

I didn't read all o fthe replys, but did you switch to wire frame view to see if something was hidden in the file that wasn't colored?

autoexebat

Actually I have no idea how to even get to wire frame view :/ I just kept arranging them different until I got it to fit.

Christian @ 2CT Media

So you haven't figured out what happened but got it to work through trial and error? Why don't you post the file so the people who know draw can help you learn how to stop it from happening again?