• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

connect a plotter to USB hub

crystalhelix

recently upgraded to a dell XPS 410, guess what, lol, I have not parallel or serial port. I can't get the computer to recognize my VE Panther ...can anyone help me out? Thanks

I know a little about computers but I can't figure out how to assign or find which USB it is in the device manager...

crystalhelix

thanks alot guys, I will stop by best-buy for some ink for my printer and grab the serial adaptor!

much help, and quick, I appreciate it!

Justin

crystalhelix

ok, so I got the adaptor and it still says cannot open port even if I try them all, I still can't figure out how to assign a com port to that usb hub..

thanks ahead of time for the help..

PMG

go to in windows open system,hardware,Device Manager and see what port the adapter is on,,,then when you have that....... open LXI and open your production manager,and go to setup properties and set it to the port that the adapter is on!!! if you need more help i can Pm you my # and i can walk you threw it!!!

Replicator

Also my experience is that a serial adaptor connected thru a USB port
will create a virtual com port and it should be COM5 - give it a try if all else fails !

mladams7259

When i hooked mine up it set it as COM 21, which wasnt an option in flexi. I had to go to device manager and manually pick another port. I use COM 2. Works great now, Fixed my alignment issues also. My plotter wouldnt align with the reg. marks from flexi until I put in the USB Adapter. I dont have optical head so I have to do it manually. Im just glad i can do contour cuts around prints now.

crystalhelix

cool - it's late where I am at I will get back to you guys tomorrow, I am going to mess with it some more..

Justin

pre-schooler for my avatar is pretty appropriate, lol