• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Connecticut ADA sign requirements

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Yes that is correct.
I am looking in the Grimco catalog if that helps page 83 Standard Braille signs for ADA compliance
Wheelchair symbol above the wording ACCESSIBLE and the EXIT sign has a figure running towards a door..
Pictogram and Braille are raised 1/32" and Letters are 11/16" tall.
Thank you.

I NEVER deal with Grimco, can you post a pic so i can have a quick look to see if they are actually complaint?

CES020

Rick said:
Since 2008, California has required these signs at all illuminated EXIT... So we have EXITE, EXITE ROUTE, EXIT STAIR UP, AND EXIT STAIR DOWN requirements. I believe Washington and Florida require something similar, but not 100% sure....

Areas where you actually exit the building are required (officially in March, 2012 unless required by your state - Connecticut is actually not one of them on a public facility) to have a braille and tactile "EXIT" sign

Wow! That's a lot of signs! We don't have those strict requirements on the east coast.........yet :)

fmg

I NEVER deal with Grimco, can you post a pic so i can have a quick look to see if they are actually complaint?

These Generic type signs.
Thanks you

Attachments

• BRAILLE-SIGNS.jpg
    BRAILLE-SIGNS.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 77

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Man those are ugly signs...

As long as the running guy, and the wheel chair guy are in a 6" field, you should be okay. But I would order the Blue wheelchair guy sign in case you have a weenie inspector.

On the exit sign, yo do not need the running man, that is usually a european requirement...

(don't ask me why I know this crap, I really only want to make pretty pictures!!!)

fmg

Man those are ugly signs...

As long as the running guy, and the wheel chair guy are in a 6" field, you should be okay. But I would order the Blue wheelchair guy sign in case you have a weenie inspector.

On the exit sign, yo do not need the running man, that is usually a european requirement...

(don't ask me why I know this crap, I really only want to make pretty pictures!!!)

Yep they are ugly however in order to get their C/O they need them quick.I agree with you 100%. They are calling for Generic and time is against a unique designed ADA type sign. You should see some of the other Signs they shove in their facility it is Scary!
I appreciate your help and time and all other parties who helped me out in this.
:U Rock:
Thank you and have a great evening!