• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Connecting Graphtec Cutter to Mac Cutting Master2

Trying to get my Mac (OS10.7) connected to Cutting Master 2. Not having any luck.

Here is what I have so far.

1. Downloaded latest Cutting Master 2 software from Graphtec Website. It does say it should work with 10.7 Lion

2. Connecting via usb cable.

3. Set up the cutter as a Graphtec FC7000-130.

4. In the properties window in the port pull down menu it lists USB. Under device it shows Composite Device. It appears that it can see the cutter properly because if I unplug the USB cord it shows device undetected.

5. When I go to plot/cut and press the poll media size button it just keeps spinning and never tells me what size of media is loaded.

6. When I try to plot a simple rectangle I get a message on the cutter, Error 1 Instruction Not Recognized.

Any Ideas?

InkjetAuction

GP-GL vs. HP-GL

The FC7000 series does not have auto sensing for the command language, so you will need to set it to GP-GL (vs. HP-GL) for use with Cutting Master.

Go into the Initial Settings menu (before you load media)... you should see a Command option. Here you can choose GP-GL. You can also get to the Command Language options through the regular menu system.

I'm guessing that this is your problem...

~E

Sticky Signs

That's what worked for me. Poll size still doesn't work. I have to input the page size manually but at least it's cutting.