• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Connecting max metal signs greater than 8ft

dlm6168

I have several 16' signs to do on 3mm max metal and was just wondering the best way to connect them together for minimal seam line (signs have two inch borders) and no settleing issues. I want pre assemble for install at that dimension and so I need the best way to put them together. Is there hardware for this and if so where? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Dianna

J Hill Designs

they should NOT be preassembled at 16 ft - need to be assembled on site...

I would use a 1" strip of vinyl that matches the seam graphics to hide the seam, or not worry about it, depending on the situation.

HulkSmash

they should NOT be preassembled at 16 ft - need to be assembled on site...

I would use a 1" strip of vinyl that matches the seam graphics to hide the seam, or not worry about it, depending on the situation.

I agree do not pre assemble.

If you do make sure you video tape how you transport the 16 ft signs :rolleyes:

Pat Whatley

Personally I've gotten very good results from applying a 3" wide strip of .032 aluminum behind the seam with VHB tape. Stick half of it behind one panel, install that panel, remove the tape from the other half, install the second panel butting them together tightly. A tight, straight seam is less visible to me (in most cases) than a seam covered in vinyl.

If you're using a metal frame behind it make sure a support bar bridges the gap between the two panels and adhere the whole panel to the frame with VHB.