• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Connecting via CAT5 crossover cable (VP-540)

jr_t1t

Hey guys, I recently purchased a crossover cable because I kept getting the "now processing" error during printing on occasion. Had it originally connecting and running wired in through a router but decided to try crossover after reading suggestions here. I hooked it up (belkin cat5 crossover) and Versaworks wont recognize the printer is there. I went to the printer settings in versaworks and tried to Add new printer using the correct IP address of 192.168.0.8 (double checked it again on printer) and it says "device not found or status not acquired correctly from the device."

Is there something special I need to do to get VW to recognize that the printer is there? Thanks.

CreatedDesigns

Is your comp on the same network settings? Since your printer is on .8 your comp should be any number but .8. I now this is common sense but just throwing it out there.

jr_t1t

Ahh, thankyou so much for asking that. I went stupid and forgot to re-setup the IP/gateway since it was recognizing that connection as a different local area connection. Thankyou for making me double check that!