• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Considering a mimaki cjv30 130

31legen

I'm interested on hearing feedback on the printing and cutting of this unit. I'm currently using a dinosaur roland sc500. I'm primarily printing large 20" by 10 to 12 ft logos, laminating then cutting.

particleman

The CJV is basically a JV33 so in that regard it is built very well and has a good track record. A friend of mine has a CJV30-60 and it is a nice machine. He runs the ES3 ink set and it has little to no odor. As far as the cutting system it tracks excellent. He has very little issues with it, the only repeat problem seems to be the cutting speed. It cuts at an acceptable speed, but really isn't close to a dedicated cutter. Although if you are buying it for the cutting speed, you should be looking at a separate cutter anyway.

31legen

cjv130

The CJV is basically a JV33 so in that regard it is built very well and has a good track record. A friend of mine has a CJV30-60 and it is a nice machine. He runs the ES3 ink set and it has little to no odor. As far as the cutting system it tracks excellent. He has very little issues with it, the only repeat problem seems to be the cutting speed. It cuts at an acceptable speed, but really isn't close to a dedicated cutter. Although if you are buying it for the cutting speed, you should be looking at a separate cutter anyway.

Cutting speed isn't important to me. Im looking for accuracy. I need something that I can be confident in not missing a cutline and having to redo. Hows the printing speed and quality?

particleman

I've used a lot of print/cut combinations the CJV is as good as it gets in my opinion. Don't expect perfection from any of them, but it rarely does a cut that you'll have to reprint. Reading your original post, loading will be critical if you are cutting something that long. If you get it loaded correctly it should cut ok.

Speed/Quality, really hard to say since that is sort of subjective. To be honest the HP latex machines are hard to beat quality wise for the price, but the CJV does a good job also. My friend mainly prints on 16 pass, but most people from what I've read print on 8. Your best bet would be to watch one print at a show and judge for yourself on speed/quality.