• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

considering a Roland SJ 745 EX

klmjff

I'm considering purchasing this printer for 10000$. rip included. Can i get some feedback, positive or negative is welcome..Thanks, Jeff

Capital Signs

How old is it, rolands site says 32,999 List price, so I'm gusessing that is a steal! Does it still have warranty? When was it manufactured? Any head problems? Original receipt/service reports?

ChiknNutz

That would be an xlnt price if it's in good working order!!! It is a printer-only, a pretty good one too, but who cares at that price!

Capital Signs

Yeah, that is really really cheap for me... To me it seems almost too good to be true... But who knows! Somebody may just need the cash, or are just out of busines...

klmjff

Its for sale by same guy that sold me my 2 hp designjets 6 months ago. Excellent condition, this guy only sells good working equipment... Do you have to have a rip to run it? It comes with, just wondering if I can just print jobs from adobe cs3 like my hp designjets can. Thanks

ChiknNutz

No, you must have a RIP...not sure but I'm guessing that VersaWorks works with it, but Wasatch or Onyx would be better.

klmjff

2 years old..service reports/ maint reports are all good. Just had 2 heads replaced.. guaranteed printer....

klmjff

After all this positive feedback, I will do everything in my power to purchase this tomorrow. Thanks for all the feedback, this is a great website!

EnergyDesign

We have the SJ745EX proII. It is an excellent printer. We use it in tandem with our summa signpro to perform contour cuts. The only things I dislike about the printer, is the takeup system we invested in rarely gets used, and we the printer will not calculate remaining ink if you use the 440ml's. But, for 10,000, you should definitely buy it.

klmjff

Im in process of acquiring the printer, hopefully in my shop by next week! It comes with brand new inks, $400 worth of media, and Versaworks. Grand Total is about $11,000. I am so stoked on this deal...

AllSquare Jason

Just a heads up - Roland is blowing out the SJ-645 / SJ-745 Pro II printers remaining in inventory. They are under HEAVY discounts at the moment (and come with a 1 year parts and labor warranty).....

But at $10k its a steal if working correctly. You would be looking at paying a little over twice that for a new one.