• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Considering Cyrious

thesignshop.ws

I have been considering getting the Cyrious software to help estimate jobs more accuratley. We have used Estimate in the past and I just didnt like it at all. We also have a couple of weekly customers that I think the web enabled addition would be beneficial
I have read the other threads and everyone seems to be happy with it so Im doing some investigation. After you purchase the software does anyone know if you have to pay to renew every year or if once you pay you own it.
My business partner likes to just pull things out of his head and I like to have stuff that is a little more accurate then that. So I'm trying real hard to convince him but dont want to make a huge mistake and have him complaining about it. After reading alot of the threads on here Im finding out that we are WAY underpricing here and hopefully this can get us staightened out.

:thankyou:

wildside

you never OWN the software, you pay for a license and then you can use it indefinately.

we love Cyrious, hated Estimate also

your trick is the number of invoices, if your license is for 100 invoices a month and you go over, it will not let you convert estimates, that is the option we took instead of paying the extra 2 grand for the unlimted invoices, and to upgrade is no big deal and if you are breaking 100 invoices a month you shouldn't have any problems affording the upgrade anyway...

thesignshop.ws

:cool1:

Thanks for the info and the quick response. That was my main fear is that Id get sucked into something that Id have to pay for every year. Im sure we wil do the same with the estimates especially if we go over 100. At present I just type everything in Quickbooks.

Craig Sjoquist

slick ... pay by # of invoices hmmm so ok it's a great program lets say .... what does it do that makes so good ..curious .

13 folds

gnemmas

That is a pretty sick concept. It does not cost them more money or need to have more codes in the program to have unlimited invoices. Would you buy a printer that limit prints 100ft/day, has to folk out more money to print more?

I've been using this software for 10 years now since they first came out. It didn't have this "blackmail" clause then so I can have unlimited invoices. It is very beneficial to our operation. But don't think I would buy in into this concept.

wildside

its just a license, up to 50 invoices a month for 900 bucks, up to 100 a month for 2000 and unlimited for 3500 bucks

they just give options to get more people into it, have we broke 100 invoices a month, no, we hope to soon

the question about whats so great about it, to us it is the ease of use once it is working properly, it makes you consider every factor in costs and labor, it is near impossible to lose money on a job ever if you knwo how to use the software, also the build in marketing that will pop up and tell you that this customer hasn't ordered in whatever amount of time and reminds you to make a phone call or send a letter, etc. it is very powerful software if you take the time to learn it properly like any software

people will pay top dollar, 5-6 grand sometimes for production based software, and yet cheap out when it comes to the part of billing to make your money, if your not billing enough......that design software will not be used because you will be broke.....

ScottyDoo

We're still on SMS, and I desperately want to upgrade to Control, but the owners don't want to shell out the $12K it would cost us to upgrade right now.

How many users do you guys have? That makes a big difference as well. We're paying for 16 user licenses on Cyrious SMS at the moment, so the cost adds up quick.

thesignshop.ws

Thats about where we stand. Over the few years we've been in business we have bought 2 plotter, 2 printer, 2 laminators, Signlab, AI3, PS3, corel, and many computer upgrades but for some reason we are still pulling figures out of the air.
I dont want sell stuff too cheap but dont want to stick it to anyone either.

Right now we are between 50-100 invoices but she didnt say anything about one that was 900.

activitydude

Has anyone tried Activity Software? We don't limit the number of invoices or anything else and we are very reasonably priced. Above Estimate but well below Cyrious, and easy to use.

zmatalucci

when I move to my new location, I will be purchasing graphixtremes software. Do yourself a favor, and download his trial version.
I currently run estimate, and hate it!

Ron Helliar

As a former estimate user, I would recommend it again. But moving up to Cyrious (Control) opens a wide window on business management, not just pricing. They really are different worlds in their application. You will need to invest heavily (financially & time) in Cyrious to make it work for you. If you struggled with pricing in Estimate, I don't think I could recommend Cyrious. A good test would be to see if you could get a pass to an online training pricing vid. You'll either be raring to go or scared.

Activity Dude,

Your website needs some serious work, You might have a great product but I sure didn't see any of it at your website??

Fine Line Darrel :Canada 2:

*looking for something besides Estimate......

activitydude

Too True. :thumb: I did have a swf file put out there showing Advantage. If you click on "Advantage" at the bottom of the page it should come up. If it doesn't, call or email and let us know.

Like everything else in life this is a work in progress and is growing every day. Stop back by often to see improvement. Thanks

S

Stan B

who will be the first to tell dude to get merachant member subscription to solicit us

TonyHoles

We use Cyrious and once you get the training on the software down it is excellent. It is not only good for estimates...it is good for all around uses such as. Marketing, budgets, time clock, payroll, reports (lots of report options), price lists. etc.

At first I was a little skeptical about Cyrious and thought it was too much and a little over whelming but the training we recieved made everything crystal clear.

I reccommend it and once its working and your comfortable with the software it will make your life 10 times easier. And if you have an accountant...they will thank you. Or if you do your own books its makes thing easy. Cyrious reports export to quickbooks and lots of other money managing software flawlessly.

After rereading my post I sound like I work for Cyrious...lol but I don't but they should pay me for my wonderful endorsement.