• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Considerring Caldera as a RIP

Oska

Hello,

I am looking for feed back from Caldera users.

Just to give you a run down of my environment:
Mutoh Valujet 1604
Graphtec 7000 cutter
and potentially a HP Scitex FB700

Print and cut is a day to day operation...

I would gladly appreciate any comments on the software:
Colour managament
Process Speed
ICC profiles
In house created profiling

The essentials pretty much

Thanks so much in advance

MachServTech

Based on your equipment you will be happy with Caldera's perfomance. As you know it is a Linux/Mac only platform that allows multiple instances on a network with one license.

My favorite features are in the color mgmt and profiling, contour cutting is also nice...not a big fan of the interface though.

Scitex users have adopted it as the rip of choice.

speedmedia

I download the demo and tried it out with my Mimaki JV3 and was pleasantly surprised with it. The folks from Caldera where great and quick to answer any questions and the software seemed pretty robust. If I was keeping this printer I would indeed switch over to this RIP.

Thanks,
Kurt

ForgeInc

We're considering it as well but as others have suggested, we don't wanna tie up a mac and not sure anyone in the shop is comfortable enough with linux so may end up going w/onyx.