• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Constitutional Carry in TX

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
False equivalence in what? I never infured why there is rampant crime in Chicago, only that it is near impossible for the probable victim to arm themselves.
And how do you figure that? There is nowhere in the country that you can not have a gun. Even DC now. I don't want to go back and forth so all I have to say about Chicago is that the violence there is within a confined area. Armed "victims" will only exasperate the problem.
The quickest way to lose freedoms is from other people not respecting them. I'm really surprised that gun enthusiasts arent up in arms about things like this in order for them to protect their own interests. Just like hunters are some of the biggest environmentalists. They have teamed up with groups like the Sierra club because they each want preservation even though they have opposing reasons why. This whole thing doesn't serve anyone except the politicians by giving them another divisive platform.

Andy D

And how do you figure that? There is nowhere in the country that you can not have a gun.
In Chicago, to have a gun on their person and/or outside the home, or in their car when, for example, a woman has to go to her car in a parking garage at 2am, she would have to have a concealed permit (open carry isn't allowed)
Prior to getting a concealed carry license, residents must complete a 16-hour training course & pay a $150 fee.
If your daughter lived in Chicago, would you realy be worried about her "exasperating the problem" by protecting herself?

Last edited:

Notarealsignguy

In Chicago, to have a gun on their person and/or outside the home, or in their car when, for example, a woman has to go to her car in a parking garage at 2am, she would have to;
Prior to getting a concealed carry license, residents must complete a 16-hour training course & pay a $150 fee.
So it's legal. Just like everything in life if you want it or need it, figure out how to make it happen. That 150 bucks keeps the riffraff away. If you can't come up with 150 bucks then you probably are riffraff and where are you gonna get the money to buy the gun? If you live in a big city and you're that hard up, go spend your money to rent a u-haul and move somewhere that you can make it rather than buy a gun and sit around blaming society for your shitty situation. Seems to me that their rule isn't all that ill-conceived.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Texas did the right thing and lowered the cost down to like $20 a year or two ago.

Our politicians say it's too easy to vote and too hard to get a gun... I say it's too easy to get in the sign business and pretend you know what you're doing.

Andy D

That 150 bucks keeps the riffraff away..
$150 & 16 hour class.. is that a one time event or every year? I don't know..
All I can say is I'm happy with our constitution carry law, I choose to trust my law abiding neighbors, if you are happy with the authoritarian laws of your state, then great... You worry about you and we'll worry abiut us.

Andy D

Now instead imagine the same scenario, that fits in a backpack, and is as liable to go off as a students phone during class. Just saying…
If I get your meaning, you're talking about a gun at a school, correct?
If so, how is that relevant? No state allows students to carry guns in school.
There's plenty of laws that govern conceal carry, for example (I believe) it's a felony to drink even one beer while conceal carrying.
If you conceal carry, you are, by law, held at a higher standard.

victor bogdanov

Im in TX, I think if this goes through it will not drastically change the number of people carrying. Everyone I know owns a gun and everyone keeps one in the car but even the ones that have a chl rarely carry. It takes proper clothing and habit to always carry.

I hope it does goes through, I'll be carrying on occasion, like everytime I go inside the "loop" here in Houston

victor bogdanov

I couldn't image not having a gun in the car after driving with one ever since it became legal here in TX. Really does feel safer. Anywhere on a driving trip gun goes with me and in the hotel/airbnb

Notarealsignguy

All I can say is I'm happy with our constitution carry law, I choose to trust my law abiding neighbors, if you are happy with the authoritarian laws of your state, then great... You worry about you and we'll worry abiut us.
Ok drama. Telling people they need to take a course to at least have a smidge of competency before publicly carrying a gun is not authoritarian. It's not up to me anyways and my opinion means nothing. I look out for number 1 and that is it. I'm not worried about you or anyone else.

Dale D

Yeah...that's cool. But you still don't have Constitutional (Rec.) cannabis.

Smokin' guns are one thing...but smokin' weed is another.

JB
Which Infringed Constitutional Amendment is it that protects ones right to smoke weed? We have the right to protect life.
Do you think offering a blunt to the guy whos about to rape and murder your family will stop him? No, sadly he will just smoke it while he pulls the trigger.

Last edited:

Dale D

And how do you figure that? There is nowhere in the country that you can not have a gun. Even DC now. I don't want to go back and forth so all I have to say about Chicago is that the violence there is within a confined area. Armed "victims" will only exasperate the problem.
False. You can not legally drive through NJ from another state with a legally owned firearm without being arrested. https://www.foxnews.com/us/philadel...gun-got-her-arrested-in-nj-hopes-for-leniency

Yes, Many states are forced to offer you the ability to get a license, (like MD because it would be unconstitutional if they didnt) but have NO interest in giving out even 1 permit. As far as DC, that is not a whole truth. You can not carry everywhere in DC. Even now with permits in DC, your still only allowed to carry in certain areas. It was only because the appeals court struck DC down and they took 1 for the team so it didn't go to the Supreme court. (I have my DC and Maryland CCW)
You state that only happens in a "confined area" of Chicago,...yeah, the area where they know you can not arm and protect yourselves legally so the chances of you firing back is null. It is false, that armed victims exasperate the problem.....legal carry prevents the problem from happening in the 1st place. Would you rob a convenience store where you walk in and every customer is carrying? If so, that would make you less intelligent than the criminals in Chicago who would rather rob the store with no guns allowed.
Can you explain to me why less murders in Texas (or other gun friendly areas) by firearm where its allowed to carry for years, yet every area where there are tighter gun restrictions, they have more murders per capita? Like Chicago, Philli, Baltimore, etc?
The whole permitting process is nothing more than to create income for the state and a gun registry with the end goal to remove firearms from its people. Its nothing more than control. If lives are what they want to save, then ban knives, swimming pools, and automobiles since there are more deaths from those. To protect yourself and life from threats is a God given right, not the states right. If its God given, the state has NO right to take it.

Last edited:

Dale D

In Maryland its $500-$800 and only for business owners who can show they carry large sums of money, yet you are not allowed to protect your money or property, only life. Go figure.

JWitkowski

It's going to the governors desk to be signed into law. Any Texan that is not prohibited to own a firearm will be allowed to carry without licenses or classes or extra background checks. Several other states have the same. All I got to say is, it's about time.
As a Canadian, most of us up here have a very different take on the gun issue. Even those, like me, who live in rural areas where hunting is a popular sport. On the 'self-defense' issue, how many of you or people you know have actually been in a position where they had to use a gun for self-defense and no one was killed?

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
As a Canadian, most of us up here have a very different take on the gun issue. Even those, like me, who live in rural areas where hunting is a popular sport. On the 'self-defense' issue, how many of you or people you know have actually been in a position where they had to use a gun for self-defense and no one was killed?
Me! 12am, a block away from my office. 2 thugs tried to carjack me. If not for my gun, it would have been one hell of a fight in the cab of my jeep.
No one was shot and I prevented them from relieving me of my property. Now if they would have forced the issue further there would have been 2 guys springing leaks in the street.

Troy Lesher

Merchant Member
you really wont see much of a change, Most people with permits carry concealed...its really not commonplace to see someone outside of law enforcement carrying openly. I am an advocate of constitutional carry, but it does come with some risk, at least when you had to get a permit, there was a little bit of gun safety training. now. If you decide to own a gun, take a safety course, if your gonna carry a gun, take advanced and active shooter training regularly. Get the Law shield insurance, know the laws....most important one is to know every bullet that comes out of a gun in your possession, you are responsible for its actions, loss of property, loss of limb, loss of life. there are no accidents with a firearm, only poor decisions.

JWitkowski

In the past I occasionally travelled to Ireland and lived there for a period. Ireland had a reputation (incorrectly applied by North American media, I must add) of being a country very familiar with gun violence. In conversations there, people were usually scared sh$%less at the thought of rural Canadians carrying a rifle in their truck during hunting season. Contrary to the impression given by the news, possessing a gun there was a huge no-no for the vast majority of the population. Same as pretty much all other non-third world nations. I wonder why the US went on a very different path?

Troy Lesher

Merchant Member
If I get your meaning, you're talking about a gun at a school, correct?
If so, how is that relevant? No state allows students to carry guns in school.
There's plenty of laws that govern conceal carry, for example (I believe) it's a felony to drink even one beer while conceal carrying.
If you conceal carry, you are, by law, held at a higher standard.
in Texas its unlawful to have ANY alcohol in your system, its not a felony in and of itself, but it is a class A misdemeanor

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The only problem to most of this thread is like the lock on your front door........ it only keeps the honest people out. All these permits, non permits, tests and whatever else ya need are for the honest people. The vast majority of the problems are from illegally gained firearms. Not the law abiding citizens.