Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Construction Company Logo

Discussion in 'Logo Design' started by jholtman1234, Feb 24, 2010.

1. jholtman1234

jholtman1234 New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Hey guys I was wanting some honest opinions on the logo I am creating. Obviously its a construction company. The client want's something with a simple feel and with a arc to it he doesn't like simple artwork and text like 90% of logos today. This will be a sign for out front of his company. It will be used for alot of marketing and signage. Also when it comes to substrate for the business road sign should I use wood or something like alumacor??

:unclesam:

Attached Files:

2. Malkin

Malkin Very Active Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Augusta, ME
    For inexpensive I would use DF Alumalite, rectangle shape. For a nicer look you could do painted MDO (or HDU) cut to shape. Raised lettering for an even nicer look. Install 2 SF signs onto 2 posts.

3. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    Your outline is off.

The sharp edges are not adding anything.

Too much space above "METZINGER"

The type may be too stylized.

4. Steve C.

Steve C. Very Active Member

May 22, 2003
    Did you create the font? It's to mechanically spaced and stiff.

5. natedawg9640

natedawg9640 Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Appleton, Wi
    yes you have something funky going on with the outlines, how are you creating this art?

6. zmatalucci

zmatalucci Very Active Member

construction doesn't pass the squint test
    (just the beginnings of an idea)

Attached Files:

7. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    [​IMG]

Too much blank area, try this way...

8. jholtman1234

jholtman1234 New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    I see what all you guys are saying! The outline was drawn from a sketch this is a mock-up. I will put up the finished with corrections tomorrow. The Font though is Guardian closest one I have to what I drew. Mosh totally agreed with spacing will correct that! I can't tell though mosh did you put some embose on the one you attached? thanks guys for the pointers 2 eyes are always better than one!!! Well in this case 10 Eyes are better than one!

9. Farmboy

Farmboy Active Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Auburn, NY
    your yellow outline will be lost on any light color background you put it on

10. signmeup

signmeup Major Contributor

May 5, 2005
    Canada
    What colour are his trucks/equipment?

11. Todd-sta

Todd-sta Member

Mar 28, 2007
    Lansing, MI
    Zeth mocked up what I was going to suggest: The "Construction" needs to be a thin, sans-serif, with ample inter character kerning - like he is showing you.

I'd definitely ditch the extreme 'points' on the sign shape... and add some more space on the sign blank around the bottom so that 'Construction' doesn't feel so cramped and packed in.