• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Construction Logo

Marco

J and M.jpg
Please help. I'm trying to come up with some ideas - logo for a construction company. Any advice, ideas are welcome. NO specific colors for this client. Co. does commercial/residential construction as well as rehabs.

SignManiac

I'm distracted by the J&M lettering in your version as it is. Maybe some a little less extreme.

Attachments

• J&M Ramos.jpg
    J&M Ramos.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 65

Dave Drane

I don't mind the way the logo is heading. Maybe try doing the J&M something along these lines??

Attachments

• J&M.jpg
    J&M.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 80

Sign_Boy

Here's a quick take on it. Like building blocks
The font is a filler - just to get the idea across
and the colors are way off and it needs an "&"

Just a thought

Attachments

• JM.jpg
    JM.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 93

Ken

Your "J" is outside the box...It should follow that the "M" is also outside the box.
A hairline black line on the front of the box ( thru Ramos) should help to keep the box perspective.
Cheers!
Ken

Marco

A Redo

J and M 2.jpg
A retouch - new font, ladders leading to roof, and a bit of a new twist. I hope the logo can be totally visible when its embroidered on a t-shirt, polo, coat, etc. No specific colors at this time.

Marco

Redo Const Logo

J and M 3.jpg

Yikes, realized cant see actual logo. Here it is, logo all by itself.

Last edited:

Dan Antonelli

Marco-
Way too many elements that will never be discerned at a distance. And you've got 3 typefaces for 3 different words. Think simpler - icon, main copy, subcopy.

Here's some from my other division's web site that deals with contractors which may give you some better insights on structure and format. http://contractor-webdesign.com/logodesignportfolio/index.htm

Work first on building the format, and then the other elements will fall into place easier.

SignManiac

Marco, you're going backwards. You need to start all over if you ask me, which you didn't. But that last one is crap in the nicest way I can say it.

"Deposit Please"

When i think construction, i think the color yellow. Not a bright yellow where it will be hard to read, but closer to a mustard yellow. Construction tape, equipment, ladders etc are mostly yellow, it's a safety thing. Try incorporating yellow in the logo. Worth a try

Marco

Logo Redo

Uncle Joe Logo 6.jpg
I am back at the drawing board. The colors shown are not final. Three similar designs with little variations. :popcorn:

SignManiac

Just far too many elements as I believe Mr. Dan the logo man has previously stated. Is their name j&m Ramos - construction? Then say that just as it is. Break it down to as few elements as possible.

What you have is not a clear logo, it's a 500 piece puzzle.

Marco

back to the drawing board... helpppp.

Sign Maniac their business name is J&M Ramos Construction (registered co. name), although they do answer the phone as J&M Construction :) hmmm. I am a bit concerned about this logo. I would not like it to look too residential, as in one story home or too commercial with a plain tall building, but I would like to incorporate a structure within the logo. No hammers or any other tool of the trade. They have been around for 20 years, most of the work is subbed out to smaller cos. with the owner of J&M as the general contractor and super. I am at the drawing board again.