Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

contaminated nozzle check

Discussion in 'Epson' started by asd, Jul 2, 2020.

1. asd

asd Member

Aug 13, 2007
    colorado
    I have an epson s30670 and yesterday after doing a light cleaning on the machine noticed that all my colors are contaminated, I did several cleanings after that and still getting the same result, wondering if anybody else had this problem before and how did you fix it, TIA

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. mdjamesd

mdjamesd Member

May 28, 2008
    Timonium, MD
    I would say check the drain lines from the capping station. If they are clogged, the ink won't drain properly during a cleaning cycle. Have the carriage move to the left side, as in when doing a head cleaning. Dab cleaning fluid into the capping station. If it puddles and doesn't drain, then the line(s) are clogged.

There are internal drain lines in the capping station, and there is the large line that leads to the waste ink bottle.

When this happened to me many moons ago, I used a large syringe to apply suction to the waste ink bottle end of the drain line. Have someone keep the capping station full of cleaning fluid. It worked for me, but I'm not an Epson tech

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jester1167

Jester1167 Premium Subscriber

Sometimes the sponges in the capping station swell and touch the head. When this happens you get cross-contamination.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1