• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contaminated Orajet 3751GRA ?

Sign Works

Ordered from Grimco and drop shipped from manufacturer (Orafol) couple weeks back for stock. Attempted to print today and print appears all splotchy, vinyl feels like there is an oily residue on it, cleaned one section with alcohol and that area prints fine. Has anyone encountered this? I've been through dozens of rolls of 3751GRA from Fellers without any issues, kinda odd that the first one directly from the manufacturer is contaminated.

Snydo

I have the same issue with the first 4 to 6 feet on Oralite 5700, except cleaning with alcohol makes no difference on the reflective. I usually just cut that chunk off and use it for other cut only jobs.

31legen

Issue

I ran into this issue about 6-8 months ago. Got app 8-10 bad rolls in a row. All of them came from fellers and directly from oracal. I ended up giving up on it and switched to something else. I hate to see that people are still getting bad rolls.

TomK

I ran into this issue about 6-8 months ago. Got app 8-10 bad rolls in a row. All of them came from fellers and directly from oracal. I ended up giving up on it and switched to something else. I hate to see that people are still getting bad rolls.

What did you replace your 3751GRA with?

31legen

I found it was hit and miss with all the bad rolls. Check your lot numbers of the rolls. You can call oracal with the lot number and they will send you call tags and replace them. They were great to work with, just frustrating as hell.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have had 2 customers recently have issues with the 3751. In both cases we rolled about 10 - 20 feet off and the issue went away. Must be something going on at the factory.

dubhcaora

I had this same issue about 2-3 years ago. We ran Orical for years without major issues then all of the sudden every other roll had issues, even the ones directly from oracal. Once it was more bad rolls then good rolls we switched and never looked back. Glad we did as our new stock requires almost no heat, Orical I would have to set the temps to blast furnace. In the end it more then likely has saved me from replacing a platen heater by now.

oksigns

Ordered from Grimco and drop shipped from manufacturer (Orafol) couple weeks back for stock. Attempted to print today and print appears all splotchy, vinyl feels like there is an oily residue on it, cleaned one section with alcohol and that area prints fine. Has anyone encountered this? I've been through dozens of rolls of 3751GRA from Fellers without any issues, kinda odd that the first one directly from the manufacturer is contaminated.

Interesting since I recently ordered a 54" roll and about the first 4' was TERRIBLE. After that, it's been fine for me.

niksagkram

Had another bad roll today, that's 4 out of the last 5, so I sent an email to Oracal Canada, asking if they knew of the issue, and what I should do, and they just told me to discuss it with my supplier, no indication that they know of an issue. I sent them the link to this thread too, not sure if she read it. :)

Mark

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Had another bad roll today, that's 4 out of the last 5, so I sent an email to Oracal Canada, asking if they knew of the issue, and what I should do, and they just told me to discuss it with my supplier, no indication that they know of an issue. I sent them the link to this thread too, not sure if she read it. :)

Mark

Discuss it with your supplier? Yeah, cause they have anything to do with manufacturing defects. I HATE when the MANUFACTURER shirks responsibility. I don't use their print vinyl anymore (save for one clear printable, which is a marginal product). I'd dump em and go back to 3M. I'm very happy with 3M mainstay print vinyls....IJ35C, 180C, et al.

Msrae

Rae
I sure hope Oracal/Orafol is paying attention. I think this is the third thread with people having bad product. The "discuss with supplier" statement is a cop-out. *smh* Seems like their quality assurance team is dropping the ball.