• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contest/Design Off Idea

Joe Diaz

With all the drama around here lately I thought it would be fun to try something that could remind us of the things that we do agree on. Like how all caps Old English looks like crap, or how we hate to see brush script on a semi. So in the spirit of comradery and fun, I thought we should have a design contest or something similer. To see who can come up with the best design using those elements of design we hate. Like script on an arch, or red on black or what ever. Let’s see what the designers on Signs101 are made of.

What do you all think?

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
what drama?....

So you want to polish up turds... interesting...

weaselboogie

I was just thinking of this the other day about a new design contest. I'd like to get in on this one if I could. You want to put down some guidelines joe? So everyone is on the same page, maybe a combination of brush script and bad color combo just so everyone is dealing with the exact same crap.

rdm01

Well, it seems kind of sadistic for a sign designer, but could be extremely fun and challenging.

Joe Diaz

You want to put down some guidelines joe?

Sure, Okay here is my challenge for all contestants that want to play.

I figured we usually do a contest where the subject matter is picked, then you choose what design elements you want to use. I thought it would be more interesting to pick out what elements have to be used but let the creative people of signs 101 pick their own subject matter. So…

You have to use brush script and all caps Old English together in one design. Other then that, no other rules. I figure that in it self is challenging enough. You can have the fictional company be who ever you want. Kudos points will be awarded for those that make us laugh and will probably help you win, when we vote.

Letterbox Mike

I'm in, sounds like fun. I was actually messing around with Old English the other day thinking it's a really beautiful font when used right.

Is the goal to break all the rules and make something that looks good, or break all the rules and make something that looks bad?

ericmitchell29

Can I get it started.

I have this font available in my store for $129.99 plus tax and if you act now I'm running a seasonal holiday special where you can get all my other great fonts added for another $128.99 each.

Don't miss out.

Deal expires in 3 minutes.

Thanks
Eric

Attachments

• old.jpg
    old.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 230

Joe Diaz

Do you really have to use upper case Old English? That's just wrong.

LOL heck yeah! It's got to be challenging. You should be glad it's not all caps Brush Script too!:ROFLMAO:

Why don't we find out how many we want in this round, pick the first that said they wanted to play and then pick a dead line.

How many should we do?