• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Continuous Inkflow System (CIS) AKA Bulk Ink Recommendations

polishdan

Hey guys. I keep seeing these posts sporadically pop up with little to no definitive answers and I've just convinced my boss to legitimately give this a try (after like a dumbass telling him my own personal horror story with a cheap no-name CIS system for my home medium-format printer). But I have no idea what I'm looking for. Do I go with a ready-to-go package "system?" Is it better to get one with empty cartridges that you fill up yourself or one where you just hook up the lines to full liters of bulk ink? I'm wondering what CIS systems you've used in the past, what luck you've had with them, and what the unforseen challenges you're likely to encounter vs using OEM cartridges. Commenters who have used multiple setups to the front of the line!

Please post what company it's from (or companies if you got empty cartridges from one, permanent chips from another, bulk ink from a third, etc), maybe even pics of your setup?... let me see you show off and impart some wisdom.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Only a couple of things I'll say.... if you are not using more than a couple of sets of cartridges per month then stick with OEM ink. If you are using a little more then maybe look at aftermarket cartridges from Triangle, Bordeaux, or one of the other very well known and LONG proven brands.
There are plenty of horror stories out there. Keep in mind, they are the loudest, the far larger number of those who have no problems are busy working and have had no reason to post about it....
The older open type of bulk systems are the most problematic. Your printer has a sealed ink train that is VERY sensitive to pressure changes. This very nature makes the newer bulk systems that use sealed ink bags the best option since it fully maintains the integrity of the ink train and its pressure system. This is also probably why Mimaki's own bulk system uses the sealed ink bags. Probably why Triangles catalog no longer has an open type system for a Mimaki JV33. Triangle does have a sealed bulk system but the system is not cheap. Bordeaux also has a sealed system (I don't think they offer an open fillable type anymore either). Also probably not cheap. In the long run these will have the lowest ink cost since you are getting 1 or 2 liters per color at a time.

Triangles
http://www.inxdigital.com/e-catalog/index.html#/29/

Bordeauxs
http://www.c-m-y-k.com/product/bulk-system-for-mimaki-roland-and-mutoh-printers/

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We are a Bordeaux dealer here in S. California. We can answer any related questions for you. Feel free to give us a call at 949-209-7306.

rturner381

Moving from OEM to 3rd party inks

Hey guys. I keep seeing these posts sporadically pop up with little to no definitive answers and I've just convinced my boss to legitimately give this a try (after like a dumbass telling him my own personal horror story with a cheap no-name CIS system for my home medium-format printer). But I have no idea what I'm looking for. Do I go with a ready-to-go package "system?" Is it better to get one with empty cartridges that you fill up yourself or one where you just hook up the lines to full liters of bulk ink? I'm wondering what CIS systems you've used in the past, what luck you've had with them, and what the unforseen challenges you're likely to encounter vs using OEM cartridges. Commenters who have used multiple setups to the front of the line!

Please post what company it's from (or companies if you got empty cartridges from one, permanent chips from another, bulk ink from a third, etc), maybe even pics of your setup?... let me see you show off and impart some wisdom.

Good day, since you are ready to move from OEM to 3rd party, perhaps the best first step is to move to 3rd party cartridges first. As SIGHTLINE said, if you are not running your printer 6+ hours a day, 5+ days a week, a CISS system may not be the most cost effective solution for you.

Archerace7

Need a BIS for two Mutoh printers and an Oce by Mutoh printer

I have a 1324 and a 1604 Mutoh running now, the 1604 has a ink system with the little plugs in the cartridges, and it really sucks to be honest. We use OEM cartridges in the 1324, it works perfectly all day everyday, except for the occasional chip going bad. These printers run most all day everyday, sometimes 7 days a week.

We just started this part of the business a year ago, and to be honest know very little about printers, learning as we go. We use two sets of cartridges a week in the 1324, and now the business is picking up so we have to move to some kind of bulk ink system. I bought a Oce 64" printer used and it is being refurbished now. I intend it have it online in a month and would like to have all three of the printers on bulk systems by then.

I am trying to find more information on the Bordeaux systems as they seem to make the most sense to me. I called them, they had a distributor call the shop, but he only sold ink, and did not handle the BIS.

Can anyone give me a direction to go in, for a Distributor that sells the Bulk Ink System made by Bordeaux.

Thanks!

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Mutoh Bulk Ink System

Good day,

I am Francis Kao from Premier Colour. 90% of our ink customers run bulk ink system. We know bulk ink system on Mutoh Valuejets. PM us for more information or feel free to call our office and ask for me. $400 includes bulk ink system, eight smart cards, four liters of premium Bordeaux eco solvent ink and free shipping. If you want a sealed bulk ink system we also have them. About $200 dollars more.

If you were coming to SGIA Las Vegas, please come by Bordeaux Booth. We will have Oce flatbed and XR-640 to show quality of Boedeaux ink - Made in USA.

Francis