• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Continuous Print with Print/Cut Alignment

Jimsee

Hi guys,

Wondering if any one know if this is possible.
We have a bunch of print cut to do with lamination. Our panels will be around 48" long, and wondering if there's a way to set up the printer so that the printer will print the next panels (same panels) automatically and without wasting 12 inches of media between panels.
That way we can set up the print to do its job over night, laminate the next day and feed it for cut. We run a VS640, so both steps has to be done on the same printer. I wish I can incorporate the crop marks into the file itself so I can just do multiple copies at once.

Thanks a bunch!

Jimsee

Thanks Pat, that's actually new to me and good to know.
But what I also need is to bring the roll off, laminate the full roll and then back for cutting.
So when we do 2,000pc of decal, I wonder if I can batch 50up in a panel for example, set it with Crop Marks (Print&Cut Alignment), continuous print multiple panel without big margin of empty space between panels, and then laminate the full roll, back on the VS for cutting.

oh...after second thought, I think the tutorial might work if I set those crop marks and make it PRINT only, and no CUT SHEET AFTER OUTPUT....
let me try!!!

Jimsee

Yes, I just try, it is too dumb to do over 250.
Thanks a lot Pat, this will allow me to sleep in the night and not needing to baby sit it!

Jimsee

So I tried, now the last thing to figure out is the margin between panels.
Do you guys realize that the print/graphic will automatically roll down past the heater once it is finished. Which I believe is a new setting the versa works has (after updating last year). I never had that a year ago, it always just a bit past the cover once it is finish printing.

So what happen now is, it roll down past the heater while one panel is finish, and then start fresh from there, which leaves me almost a good 12" of blank media...

Any thought?

Jimsee

No is not that, I just got it figure out.
I went into menu and disabled the feed for dry, then it is all good!
Hope everyone learned something here today.
Thanks all!