• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

contour cut ARMS problem FC8000

prinsz

Hello,
I bought a Graphtec 8000-60 and it works great for me.
However the manual is over this many pages and I can't find out how to cut contour for stickers using ARMS.
I saw lots of instruction video's at the site of graphtec Ameria.
However they are not all suited for the 8000 series.
I saw on you tube that the mahine can automaticly find the registrationmarks but doesn't work and I can't seem to find them manualy as well. My dealer just sells boxes on the net and not much help from him. Does anybody has an idea or hint for me or knows where to find a instruction video specialy for the 8000 series? Or can anybody explain step by step how to do thsi.I am stationed in europe so Graphtec America probably would not support me.

Thnx in advance

prinsz

Hi Jasonx,
Can't tell you how glad I am to hear from you.
Yep Illustrator cs3 and cutting master 2

gr Rene

jasonx

Hey Rene,

Firstly which segment marks are you using type 1 or type 2?

When you say ARMS isn't working what happens? It never starts detecting the marks or just starts cutting right away?

InkjetAuction

Step to contour cut with the Graphtec

OK. So you are using Illustrator and Cutting Master 2... right?

This is how you would do this in this scenario...

1. Load your graphic in Illustrator.
  2. Add a contour path around the graphic and place it on a new layer by itself.
  3. Select the graphic and contour path and group together
  4. Select the grouped object and use Cutting Master 2 to add Type 2 Automatic Marks.
  5. Print the graphic using whatever method you would normally use (i.e. print direct, or send an .eps to your RIP).
  6. Cut the sheet off of the printer, but make sure you leave around 4-6" of media after the rear set of marks.
  7. Identify MARK 1. When looking at the printed graphic "right reading"... Mark 1 is the lower right corner, and Mark 3 is the lower lower left corner.

8. Be sure the cutter is setup for ARMS Automatic, Type 2 Marks and Four Points... use your manual pages 5-8 to 5-10. Just follow the step by step instructions.

9. Put the printed piece into the cutter so that mark 1 is at the origin, and Mark 3 is to the left of Mark 1-- so it's right reading.

10. We are assuming that blade depths and downforce are set correctly, but this is a good time to check and make adjustments.
  11. Go back to Illustrator and Cutting Master 2... choose Cut/Plot. Be sure that "Use Registration Marks" is selected, and choose to cut only the Contour layer that you created. Hit "Send"
  12. A dialog box will ask you to move the cutter/pen to Mark 1. Just move the knife so it's over the corner point of mark 1 and press return/OK.
The cutter should look for all four Type 2 marks then execute the contour cut.

If it's not working after following the above steps... let us know and we can try to help you identify where the problem is.

~E

Jim Doggett

Hello,
I bought a Graphtec 8000-60 and it works great for me.
However the manual is over this many pages and I can't find out how to cut contour for stickers using ARMS.
I saw lots of instruction video's at the site of graphtec Ameria.
However they are not all suited for the 8000 series.
I saw on you tube that the mahine can automaticly find the registrationmarks but doesn't work and I can't seem to find them manualy as well. My dealer just sells boxes on the net and not much help from him. Does anybody has an idea or hint for me or knows where to find a instruction video specialy for the 8000 series? Or can anybody explain step by step how to do thsi.I am stationed in europe so Graphtec America probably would not support me.

Thnx in advance

CoCut Pro. (www.eurosysrems.lu or www.cocut.com) You have the best cutter. Use the best cutting / contour-cutting software. CoCut is that -- by a mile! (Oops; 1609 meters :^)

Cheers,

prinsz

Thank you very much guys,

In addotion to Jasonx it just doesn't see teh marks.
I am using mark 1 automaticly.
I am sorry for my late reply to you guys but I am sick since this moning.
Tommorow i will test all your tips.
Can I please come back on this THANKS A MILLION

Greetings from Holland

prinsz

Hello guys,

I did all the things you said, but it just doesn't seem to find the reg. marks.
Also do I have to setup my tool any different way?
I put my knife in the front of the knife holder, but maybe I have to change it in the menu of the plotter? And in addition to that do I have to change what kind of media I am using?
The thing is I want to cut out transfer paper this time and not vinyl, because vinyl is going great until I want to cut out transferpaper with printed reg. marks on them.
So no luck yet.
Greetings from holland

jasonx

What do you mean by printing registration marks on transfer paper? If you are cutting solid colour vinyl then you don't need registration marks. Just cut your graphic straight into the vinyl.

ARMS is for when you have printed onto a vinyl stock and/or laminated the print and then you want to cut it.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I'm very confused... but welcome.

How exactly are you cutting your decals with vinyl that works and why do you need to cut transfer paper with registration marks? While we are happy to help you figure out the registration marks, I'd be happier to get you going in the right direction overall... can't quite figure out the transfer paper thing...

I use cutting master 2 with Illy CS3 with no problem - both for cutting and for cutting printed decals.