• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour Cut Edge Prints w/GX-24

driver024

I have a Gerber Edge 1 and a Roland GX-24 plotter/cutter. I need instructions on how to contour cut edge 1 prints with my Gx-24. Can anyone help me? Need instructions using Omega 1.56 and 2.6 software.

Thanks! Steve

graphixplus

I don't think you can. I think you can only use a gerber 15" plotter. I'd like to know myself if it is possible.

Line up the bullseye and give it a test run

driver024

I just spoke with gerber tech support and they stated that if you have omega 2.5 or higher and you have the proper drivers the roland plotter/cutter will contour cut gerber prints.

Thanks for your input...

Did you get this to work or not? I've been trying for a couple of months to
find an answer to this so would like to know just exactly what you need to do in order to do this.

Steve

driver024

Steve, I'm currently running Omega 1.56, and was looking to upgrade to 2.6 just to get my GX-24 to contour cut gerber prints. I am now able to contour cut without the upgrade, thanks to Bill. He shared with me steps he uses in his work flow to make it work. If you still think this may work for you, drop me a pm.

Steve