• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Contour cut not completing at bottom...

okeesignguy

New install of Flexi 10 and VW...
Contour cuts will not complete all the way around the bottoms of round letters or circles or ovals...
They all leave a gap uncut at the bottom...
Any ideas...??? Thanx!

IND Digital Dept.

@industryprintshop
We encounter this every now and then...
Usually it has to do with the "Clip & Tile" feature in VW- Go to your job editing menu and click on the "Clip & Tile" tab and make sure that your entire image and cut path are within the selection. If it's not, you may need to play with the margins to make sure your cut paths aren't being clipped off.
If that still doesn't work, you may need to add more margins to your document's artboard in Flexi.

CL Visual

I can't speak for flexi but if you use versaworks with EPS files without saving with artboard, sometime they get clipped. There is a feature in VW that allows you to put a margin on imported EPS files. I tend to save all my cut files at pdf's and put .125 bleed when I export them so I don't really have that issue.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
I've seen it happen with flexi in other versions when the wrong driver for the cutter is installed.

SignStudent

I use the following setting for EPS files:

Versaworks > Queue A/B Settings > File Format > EPS Margin > .05 in

If you're using PDF files it won't add a margin and you'll run into that problem a lot. Any more margin that and you're just wasting material IMO.

IsItFasst

What SignStudent said should work. This drove me nuts as about 5% of my print/cuts were doing this. For those that use the production manager in Flexi instead of VW you can do that in there too. For reference: Once PM is open go to the second tab (Panel) and in the first box you will see "Panel size". Go to the last setting (the square with arrows pointing left, right, up and down) and change that to 0.05. This will fix the issue. I just wish I could figure out how to set that as the default as it sometimes randomly goes back to 0.00 until I change it again.

Last edited:

2ny

I agree with SignStudent also. The setting of EPS margin has been with us since we first started using Versaworks. We work in metrics, and the setting that is sufficient for us is 0,35mm under "File format">"EPS margin". Also be sure that you have loaded the media correctly after print, laminate then cut operations. I have experienced some cutlines that would not cut all the way because of cutlines that was too close to the clamps/media wheels.

Best regards
Tony K.