• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour cut offset on sp-300

Precision Eng

Since I purchased the sp-300, I was always told (by the previous owner) that when making a contour cut around a object you would need to seperate the cut line from the object and move it about 3 or 4 clicks to the left, so that when sent to the sp-300 it would cut properly. Well, I have been doing this but for some reason I don't think a person should have todo it that way, maybe I am wrong. Anyway, is there something I am missing here between creating the cut line in flexi and sending it to the rip. We use Colorip version 2.2

The 3 or 4 click thing does vary depending on the object size. If I was just to create a cut line around a object, say a square box with black border, and not use the offset, you end up a white line on the right side and not much black left on the left side. My thinking is if you create a cut line it should cut on that line and that's it. Am I right or wrong??

Mike

Charlie J

I have the same problem with a friend of mine using your same setup. I haven't been over to his place yet to try to help him correct his problem. One of the guys on here suggested changing the resolution settings or something like that but I couldn't make heads or tails of it. So he's just been using roland versaworks to do all of his printing until I let him try out my other version of flexi.

Precision Eng

It just seems odd that with these hi tech machines and the accuracy of the software/hardware you should have to dink around with moving that cut line. When I make a cut line on our laser machine, it cuts right where I tell it to, give or take a smidget.

Mike

chopper

I think thiis would be a good question for Flexi
I would give them a call and see what they have to say
//chopper

Precision Eng

So what you are saying Chopper, this is not a normal procedure (adjusting the cut line). Flexi is the only program I've ever used with the sp-300 so am not aware if other pgms. have the same issue.

Mike

Ken

Have you tried it without nudging the cut-lines.?
I use Corel to create most of my files ( saved as .eps when cutting is involved) sent to colorip 2.2 and I never have a problem with the files as-is.
Ken

Precision Eng

That's what my next plan was Ken, send the file from something else like Corel or Illustrator and see what happens.

Mike

Precision Eng

Well Ken, I just tried a file sent from Corel X3 to Colorip and I get the same results. There is about a 1/16" white margin along the right side and bottom side of the graphic. Must be some setting in colorip I don't have quite set up right.

Mike

Kenny

My tech sent this to me...from Roland's Knowledge Base...

Attachments

• PrintCut Misalignment Visual Troubleshooting guide.pdf
    140.2 KB · Views: 294