• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour cut pricing

WalterB

We recently added a Graphtec FC8000 and are new to contour cutting of printed decals and not sure how best to price this part of a job. Should we use:
a) estimated time,
b) a percentage of the decal print price
c) $/sqft
d) other?

Thank you

iSign

the cutting is almost free...
-
-
-
-
-
CHARGE FOR THE WEEDING!!!
(yes, hourly estimates is where your costs come, so that's a good reference point)

J

john1

I use graphixcalc software and it has a option for a PSF price for contour cutting after printing and contour cutting after print/lam.

You would want a higher psf price for contour cutting after print/lam because of the thicker material i would think

smdgrfx

I do it by the square foot. Just factor in what material you are using and the time. For me, it's usually and extra $1.50 per sq.ft.

iSign

if PSF means per square foot, I'll cut & weed my own one foot squares.. but when I have 24 rows of 1/2" lettering in Times.. I'll sub it to you PSF guys

HulkSmash

the cutting is almost free...
-
-
-
-
-
CHARGE FOR THE WEEDING!!!
(yes, hourly estimates is where your costs come, so that's a good reference point)

i have to agree with isigns. If anything is under 6 inches they pay a premium for weeding. Dont forget to throw in a little for the masking, and stuff like that. Cutting my sound easy, but you spend alot of time weeding if it's a small cut.

good luck and welcome.

smdgrfx

Oh, if it's a small cut, I print on clear and do a contour cut - or figure some kind of two color print and contour cut. Even on an Edge print. I don't do much small stuff anymore, but I used to. Good point on the script/crazy serif fonts.

WalterB

Thank you all for the feed back!
I realize that printing/cutting/masking/weeding a lot of small lettering is one thing and just contour cut a large decal is another and will have to differentiate the pricing accordingly.
I was thinking to go with $1.00 to $1.50 per sqft depending on total sqft for cutting only and will calculate the more complex cut/weed/mask jobs on a case by case basis.

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
This question belongs on the premium side for discussion.

Welcome from another subject of the Kingdom of Texas!