• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour cut problem

busypc

We've had this contour cut problem for a while. When printing through Flexi 8.5 and setting to contour cut, (Graphtec FC8000) cut seems to be off about 1/16 of an inch on one side of the decals. The cut moves ever so silghtly over a bit with each row. Called graphtec and they want me to test from Illustrator to see if it is the Flexi or cutter that is going it. Don't really know where to start to print from illustrator. Would I have to set up a RIP program, etc.? Just want this to work! All my settings on the graphtec have been set to default and verified with Graphtec tech support. We are using 4 registration marks when setting up print/cut. Really tired of trying to solve this issue. HELP, please!:help

saktrnch

Go to Graphtec's website and download cutting master- it's a free download- and you can use it to send your job to the cutter.

SignosaurusRex

You are printing on a Mutoh and cutting on the Graphtec.......correct?
Which printer model?
What materials are you using?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
We've had this contour cut problem for a while. When printing through Flexi 8.5 and setting to contour cut, (Graphtec FC8000) cut seems to be off about 1/16 of an inch on one side of the decals. The cut moves ever so silghtly over a bit with each row. Called graphtec and they want me to test from Illustrator to see if it is the Flexi or cutter that is going it. Don't really know where to start to print from illustrator. Would I have to set up a RIP program, etc.? Just want this to work! All my settings on the graphtec have been set to default and verified with Graphtec tech support. We are using 4 registration marks when setting up print/cut. Really tired of trying to solve this issue. HELP, please!:help

Have you checked the sensor offset calibration on the plotter? This being off a taste is the most likely cause of a constant error. That the error changes in the direction of media movement would indicate that the media feed compensation also is not set properly.

heyskull

I'm contour cutting on our mutoh this morning!!!
I have the same problem but I have found that it is the bright sunlight effecting the sensor registration.
Have you a bright light source on your plotter?

SC

busypc

I have cutting master. But I have used Flexi in the past and it works beautifully. Apparently they are both made by SAI. I have a Falcon Outdoor 46", Graphtec FC8000 cutter. Using various types of print media, does the same thing. Oracal 3641 matte finish (with laminate). I printed the "test" file from the Graphtec CD to a laser printer then sent the sample cut. It cut 100% perfectly. I think the cutter is right on the mark!

busypc

I have cutting master and Illustrator. The problem is, don't I have to have a rip to print to my Mutoh Falcon Outdoor?

808tlt

what i normally do is separate the contour cut from the graphic and apply an outline slightly larger with a solid background in the same color or fade.

DigitalBBQ

I have cutting master and Illustrator. The problem is, don't I have to have a rip to print to my Mutoh Falcon Outdoor?

Cutting Master can put the SAI layer which is the registration mark layer.
When you export, SAI layer need to be PRINT layer.

Contour cut need to stay on another layer by itself And need to HIDE PRINT this layer.

Artwork itself, need to stay on another layer and it need to PRINT layer.

ERUS37

here's my 2 cents
the reason for skewing, your media isnt pulling through straight, do you have any media flanges, that will stop the skewing, i guarantee it, i dont have the part number for them but they are 29.00 for the pair. Believe me the work very well, especially when you have to contour cut like 10 foot of printed vinyl

Compilla

What printer are you printing from ?

Does it Cut is OK at Lead Edge but is Shifted at the End of Print?

racershawn

Have you checked the sensor offset calibration on the plotter? This being off a taste is the most likely cause of a constant error. That the error changes in the direction of media movement would indicate that the media feed compensation also is not set properly.

How do you check this?