• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour cut problems

Tspencer74

I have a mutoh value jet printer an a graphtec plotter. I have been contour cutting for close to a year now with little to no problem. About a week ago the contour cut started to either not cut at all or would not cut the desiered cut area. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Tspencer74

I have reset the plotter. It's on all files and it's only when I contour cut. I have received a message on the plotter a couple times that reads arms out of reach.

try to reduce step size. I had a similar issue and the tech did that and haven't had any issues since

also be sure to have enough material in the back

MikeD

It's possible that the problem originates from your printer.
If you print a 400mm square and then measure it, is it actually 400mm?
I have had the same problem with cutting when my prints were distorted due to improper material loading, dirty grit rollers

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
What, exactly, do you mean when you say "either not cut at all or would not cut the desiered [sic] cut area"?

Will the plotter cut at all? Are you using manual or automatic registration marks? Does the plotter attempt to read the marks?

Explain exactly what is going on, including the actual text of any error messages encountered.

Tspencer74

Bob when it does cut it's off the the mark so if I printed a black square and contour cut it it will cut a half inch of the black off on the left side and leave a half inch of unprinted media on the right. I am using automatic registration marks. The plotter attempts to read the marks but returns to my origin point after reading all 4 marks. Say I were to print and contour cut several small logos they tend to contour cut correctly on the right side of the plotter but the farther left the plotter cuts the worse it cuts.

MikeD I'll check that out tomorrow when i get back to my shop.

Thanks for all the help guys I have a fire brush truck to letter this weekend and I'm not in a position to waste any reflective material.