Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contour Cut randomness

Discussion in 'Roland' started by TeamOutlaw, Oct 22, 2019.

1. TeamOutlaw

TeamOutlaw Member

May 4, 2011
    Brookings, SD
    Using Versaworks 6.3.2 after recently upgrading from older style v5. I've had more files drop part of the contour cut with this new version than not!? Doesn't seem to matter if it's a simple circle, rectangle or complex shape...when previewing the rip, parts of the contour are missing and subsequently will not cut!

The file itself is PERFECT (full contour cut). Once exported as an EPS, VW decides to drop portions of the contour!? On the attached file I've marked in green an example of one I had this morning on a simple 18" x 12" street sign file. Any ideas what I'm missing here (besides parts on my contours LOL)!?

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Joe House

Joe House Active Member

Feb 5, 2004
    WA
    Make sure that you have an EPS margin set up on the File Format tab of the default queue properties.
    upload_2019-10-22_9-19-54.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Yeah, what he said. It looks as if you're not allowing enough space and it's cutting you off. Just give a little more tolerance.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TeamOutlaw

TeamOutlaw Member

May 4, 2011
    Brookings, SD
    That was it!! I knew it had to be something simple...forgot about that little setting! Thank you very much.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Joe House

Joe House Active Member

Feb 5, 2004
    WA
    We all love a happy ending!:)

• Like Like x 1