• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour Cut Registration marks

S

Sign-Man Signs

Is there a way to increase the size of the contour cut registration marks? Using a four corner method looking through the cutter but cut path is off enough to make cut off center. Thinking maybe there's lazer sight that can be hook into blade holder. Any ideas or tricks?

S

Sign-Man Signs

Wow! This must be a tough question. I heard of a thing called a "Bomb Sight". Anybody?

Ken

I think it is a tough question..There are probably not a lot of people here with the same equipment/software combo as you. Hang in there.
What does your equipment distributor have to say on this?
Ken

S

Sign-Man Signs

Maybe this...How do you set cut cutter head with registration marks when you contour cut using Flexi 8.0 contour cut?

woolly

want to help just dont know your equipment.
does your q60 plotter have the arms as a extra as advertized on some site.
old spandex plotters used to have a sitght you put in instead of the blade holder.
unles your plotters have realignment firmware then you can only set the new0.0. and not alow for skew of the vinyl.

woolly

S

Sign-Man Signs

The QE60 by Sign Warehouse is a Graphtec knock off. It has an ARMS system. You remove the blade from the holder and sight through the hole to line up the registration marks in the center. Problem is, the marks are to small and it's a crap shoot to get them centered, hence the cut is off or off centered.

woolly

do as gv posted all should be fine.
i have a graphtec with arms and pleased i dont have flexy.
on the graphtec you can tell the plotter how far apart the marks are and it will find them very quickly.

woolly

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I assume that you're using manual cross-hair marks rather than actually using the ARMS and Graphtec type 1 or 2 marks. If you were using the ARMS then this wouldn't be a question.

If that is the case, why don't you use the plotter's built-in light pen to locate the marks? I assume, since you have the ARMS, that your machine has the standard Graphtec light pen as a pen selection. You might consider reading whatever passes for a manual that came with the machine.

If you don't have a light pen, then you can either buy an optical bomb sight, very pricey, a light pen, cheaper, or, if you have really good eyes, just use the blade itself. With the bomb sight and the light pen, you replace the blade holder with either of these, set the marks, and then re-install the blade holder. A pain in the ass.

S

Sign-Man Signs

Thanks Bob. Thats sorta what I was asking. I assume Sign Warehouse should have a light pin or bomb sight, if not do you know who sell one? My plotter does not have a light. Either way, I'm thinking about going to Roland with cut and print.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Thanks Bob. Thats sorta what I was asking. I assume Sign Warehouse should have a light pin or bomb sight, if not do you know who sell one? My plotter does not have a light. Either way, I'm thinking about going to Roland with cut and print.

You sure there's no light pen option in the blade selections in the cutting condition settings?

If not, you might try this if you have a spare blade holder. Crank the blade as far out of the blade holder as you can. If you get it out far enough you should be able to eyeball the tip of the blade and the center of the registration marks. Move to the area and gently press the blade holder down to see where the blade tip falls. You might find a magnifying glass a to be a boon. When you get all the marks set, install your regular blade holder.

Done properly this method should be at least as accurate and any other, more orthodox, method.