• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour cut size is off

Ken1f

I'm printing some oval decals using FlexiPro 8.1, Mutoh valuejet and contour cutting on my FC7000-130 and am having a bit of a problem.
The the cut size should be 28" overall but is cutting about .03in. too small. I've read and tried most everything in the Graphtec manual and nothing seems to work. I figured my best bet would be using the output size compensation in Flexi but even that doesn't change anything. I checked the printer and Condition Priority is set to Program so it should be accepting commands from the software. Short of creating two drawings (one for the print and one for a contour .03 larger) I'm at a loss. I'll call Graphtec on Monday morning but hope that someone here has an answer so I can finish the decals today.

Thanks for any help.

Ken1f

Just tried using a slightly larger file (+.2 over 28") to see if it would cut larger. Funny thing, it didn't. The printer must be using the rej. marks and compensating but still at -.03 overall. Must be something in the plotters setup that I still haven't found......Help.

GARY CULY

Are you trying to say .003 ,,as in 3 thoudandths or .03 as in 3 tenths .350 or so? i cant see ..003 being an issue ......350 now thats a problem.....i run into that situation [and so does a lot of people] doing cut/print from a files bout over 6 ft.long after bout 6 ft. my cut lines start fluctuating also ...specially on smaller say 3x5 in. ovals,squares and such

digitalwoodshop

Since I am coming into this late... What was the solution to the cut problem? Just trying to learn as my FC7000 is almost here and I will be doing a bunch of stickers.

Thanks,

AL