• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

contour cut Versaworks

ucmj22

Every once in a while I have this issue, where my cut line just shows up as a white line in versa and wont cut. Its happening right now, and I cant get it to work!!!!:frustrated:

I have 2 cut lines in the file, one is working and the other is not. I have deleted the cut line, and recreated it 15 times now, grouping it or making it a compound path seems to make no difference, the one line just wont work. last time this happened to me I fixed it, and realized what was happening, but for the life of me, I cant remember what it is! any ideas?

Using Illustrator

Msrae

Rae
The last time this happened to me I had to take the file and arrange the cut contour lines to be the top layer (object, arrange, bring to front). That seemed to solve the issue both times I had it.

ucmj22

The last time this happened to me I had to take the file and arrange the cut contour lines to be the top layer (object, arrange, bring to front). That seemed to solve the issue both times I had it.

I thought this too... no dice

J

john1

I have had this problem, What i did was copy the design and paste it in a new artboard and then save. Make sure the cutline is .24" thick, I have had anything thicker be thrown off before too.

If you need help, Shoot me a PM and i can see if your file shows the cut line on mine.

ucmj22

I have had this problem, What i did was copy the design and paste it in a new artboard and then save. Make sure the cutline is .24" thick, I have had anything thicker be thrown off before too.

If you need help, Shoot me a PM and i can see if your file shows the cut line on mine.

Did this too. its really annoying because like I said, the cutline for one object is showing, but the other is not.

ucmj22

!!!!!!!!!FIXED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!:peace!::peace!::peace!:

Stroke needs to be Aligned to center!!!!!

I Hope I remember that in 3 months when it happens again.
Now I get to go home.

Msrae

Rae
!!!!!!!!!FIXED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!:peace!::peace!::peace!:

Stroke needs to be Aligned to center!!!!!

I Hope I remember that in 3 months when it happens again.
Now I get to go home.

:rock-n-roll:

Good to know! I'll also try to file this info away and hopefully actually remember when the time comes that I may need it.