Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

contour cut Versaworks

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by ucmj22, Aug 2, 2012.

1. ucmj22

ucmj22 Very Active Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Every once in a while I have this issue, where my cut line just shows up as a white line in versa and wont cut. Its happening right now, and I cant get it to work!!!!:frustrated:

I have 2 cut lines in the file, one is working and the other is not. I have deleted the cut line, and recreated it 15 times now, grouping it or making it a compound path seems to make no difference, the one line just wont work. last time this happened to me I fixed it, and realized what was happening, but for the life of me, I cant remember what it is! any ideas?

Using Illustrator

Tags:
  2. Msrae

Msrae Rae

Mar 6, 2011
    Utah
    The last time this happened to me I had to take the file and arrange the cut contour lines to be the top layer (object, arrange, bring to front). That seemed to solve the issue both times I had it.

3. ucmj22

Dec 10, 2009
    I thought this too... no dice

4. john1

john1 Guest

I have had this problem, What i did was copy the design and paste it in a new artboard and then save. Make sure the cutline is .24" thick, I have had anything thicker be thrown off before too.

If you need help, Shoot me a PM and i can see if your file shows the cut line on mine.

5. ucmj22

Dec 10, 2009
    Did this too. its really annoying because like I said, the cutline for one object is showing, but the other is not.

6. ucmj22

Dec 10, 2009
    !!!!!!!!!FIXED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!:peace!::peace!::peace!:

Stroke needs to be Aligned to center!!!!!

I Hope I remember that in 3 months when it happens again.
    Now I get to go home.

7. Msrae

Msrae Rae

Mar 6, 2011
    Utah
    :rock-n-roll:

Good to know! I'll also try to file this info away and hopefully actually remember when the time comes that I may need it.