• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour Cut Window Perf...

bendeane

Okay, I have searched and read the threads on people's issues with contour cutting window perf. My cutter cuts it just fine from a blade height, force, etc. stand point, but it has trouble seeing the registration marks. Is there a particular window perf that has a backer that makes cutters able to easily read registration marks?

Thanks.

d fleming

I hear ya. Did some the other day and had no problem reading reg marks, kinda surprised me. Signlab + graphtec.

MaxxGrafix

depending on the material i sometimes even tape a line for reg marks. like when printing on some of the rtape stuff that's not really digital media anyways. maybe i can dig up some pics over the weekend. then just print up a bunch of reg marks every couple months and just have them setting around with the rest of the scrap and just over lay them.

bendeane

How accurately do they need to be placed (registration marks on regular vinyl) over the top of the perf to ensure the cutter cuts accurately? If they are off by even a fraction of a millimeter, will the cuter not cut accurately?