• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour Cut

mbarden

Hi Folks,
Am printing some 7'h x 2'w raster images from Flexi 8. Am going to laminate these so I have to contour cut them. When I put my contour around the rasters it follows the slightly jagged edge of the image. Is there any way to "smooth" the contour line?
Thanks
Mike B
Big River Sign Co.

Jackpine

In Corel I would reduce the nodes or hand digitize the area you want to contour. Some RIPs have an automatic contour selection where you can set the offset.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Hi Folks,
Am printing some 7'h x 2'w raster images from Flexi 8. Am going to laminate these so I have to contour cut them. When I put my contour around the rasters it follows the slightly jagged edge of the image. Is there any way to "smooth" the contour line?

Simple. Assuming that you used Effects->Contour Cut, separate the contour from the object. Now you can tidy up the line that represents the contour using the standard node editing tools. The line will remain a contour line regardless of how you mess with it. Unless you invoke Arrange->Contour Cut->Release Contour Cut.

mbarden

Thanks very much Bob. I new there had to be a way to do it in Flexi. The more I use this software the more I am very impressed with it.

Thanks for the responses everyone.

Mike B