• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

contour cut

fisheye48

Have 100 of these to make in 5"x6" and the letters are very small...customer doesnt want any white to show just wants the logo...anyone have any tricks for this? becasue weeding is a PAIN!!!! thanks

Attachments

• ECRCsticker.jpg
    ECRCsticker.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 69

gabagoo

I cant think your going to be able to weed out the littel tiny dots around the letters. I would offer the customer these printed on the Edge, on clear with a die cut contour that hugs the outside of the copy. I would never cut something that small and then toil over it for what could be days....unless of course he was paying the big $$$$$$$$$$$$$ real big$$$

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Print it, oval contour cut.

Or cut them and hand it off to him to weed at home and return for masking.

Jim Doggett

Print a solid block of teal with the red element; then contour-cut. That'll trap it perfectly.

Then weed. I can think of no way around that other than screen-print and a complex (spendy) custom die. And your quantity doesn't cost-justify that.

Weeding on a light table, if you have or can make one, speeds the process on small stuff. The cut lines really show through nicely on light tables.

My $0.02,

Jim

fisheye48

Thanks guys...waiting on a phone call back to see what he wants to do...i have a week to get it done...just dont wanna spend all of it working on this project

Jim Doggett

Also, test all the various weeding techniques: weeder-knife, tweezers, weeder-pin. Time yourself and find which one works the best; it'll pay dividends for years.

Jim (Weeder-Pin Fan, but I have friends who can weed circles around me with knives or tweezers; everyone has their own style. Find yours and save days per year.)

The Equipment Guy

If could be done as is and weeded if you print to a synthetic liner and get someone with a flatbed with I-cut to do it, otherwise I like the Gabagoo suggestion.

Craig