• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour Cutline printing out- Flexi ~Versaworks

Tim Kingston

Hi,
I know this topic has been discussed before but after a quick search I couldn't find it. My problem is using Flexi 10 and Versaworks is that the Contour Cutline is printing out in Versaworks ( 5.0), every once in awhile I run into this and usually bring the cut-line in a bit to get rid of it. However I would like to know how to fix this properly, I can't remember what the solution is. In most cases, I think it happens on a transparent bitmap with a contour cut applied in Flexi. Thanks for any help.

ImpactSignCo

The only thing I can think of is to check and make sure your contour cut line swatch is the proper spot color called "CutContour." You can create any spot color in Flexi, as long as you use that name, to use as your contour cut line. As long as it's a spot color with that name, Versaworks shouldn't recognize it as printable.
The only time I have run into something similar is when trying to print white on our XR-640, where the swatch wasn't set up properly.

oksigns

Hi,
I know this topic has been discussed before but after a quick search I couldn't find it. My problem is using Flexi 10 and Versaworks is that the Contour Cutline is printing out in Versaworks ( 5.0), every once in awhile I run into this and usually bring the cut-line in a bit to get rid of it. However I would like to know how to fix this properly, I can't remember what the solution is. In most cases, I think it happens on a transparent bitmap with a contour cut applied in Flexi. Thanks for any help.

Can't mix raster effects such as transparencies or drop shadows with spot colors. If you do, spot colors are interpreted as CMYK, thus the reason your cut lines would show.

Flatten your artwork as a rasterized image like a tiff, and then paste in place your live cut lines on top, and then send it in to versaworks