• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour Cuts Off, any ideas?

TDFcustomSL

Not every time, but on occasion my contour cuts will be off. It seems like one side of the sheet will be closer to where it should be than the other side. Right now I am contour cutting about 50 bumper stickers. The second it started cutting wrong I stopped it, and re sent the job. Every time it reads the registration marks with no issues. It read the marks the second time, started cutting, and it was cutting in a different spot than the first time I sent the job. Tried it again, and slowed the speed down from 25 to 15 and it started cutting correctly. Does anyone else have this problem? What could be causing it? Could it have something to do with the panel size and weed border size in flexi? Any help would be greatly appreciated. It gets very frustrating.

Snydo

Are your pinch roller tensioner arms set correctly? If you are using all three, the outside two should be down and the middle one in the middle or all the way up. Or if you are are printing on a Latex machine on cheap vinyl...it will warp and cuts will be off by a mile. What Graphtec are you using?

TDFcustomSL

Are your pinch roller tensioner arms set correctly? If you are using all three, the outside two should be down and the middle one in the middle or all the way up. Or if you are are printing on a Latex machine on cheap vinyl...it will warp and cuts will be off by a mile. What Graphtec are you using?
The machine is the Q54 from SignWarehous. I am using all three pinch rollers but had them all set the same, with the arm in the low position. Ill give this a try on my next run. Thanks for the advice. Its crazy how something like this could possibly throw it off like that. Thanks