• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour cutting a large print.

cwtjr81

I have a large print with letting, stripes and pictures that has to be tiled I have flexi 8 and a graphtec 7000 I was wondering how to move the tiled images in so i have my required 3 or so inch clearance for my auto reg. marks to read.

Thanks in advance

Charlie Thomas:thankyou:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I don't know from maneuvering panels to accommodate contour cutting but I do know about clearances necessary to do the job.

The only clearance you need to maintain is maybe 1"-2" between the pressure rollers and the outermost registration marks on the outside edges of the media. The thing about auto registration is once you point out the first mark, the software knows at least the neighborhood where it ought to find the rest of them. The immediate vicinity of all registration marks need to be clear of printing but the 3" you reference is overkill.

RJ California

I agree with Bob on this. I like to allow as much as posible. 1" would be a bare minimum in my opinion though. 2" is plenty.

Adjusting the tiles? - Are you talking about the Panel tab in Rip and Print?

RJ California

You may have a good question here. I run large panels for contour cut all the time. However I do not recall having ever contour cutting a large graphic that had to be tiled (most of our tiling has been with big flat panels). What happens when you try to adjust the contour file in the Panel section?

cwtjr81

Figured it out...

In rip and print there is a button on the general tab that determines placement of your image on the material. I choose to have my panels be 50 inches wide giving me 2 inches on either side when centering the image on 54in material. The 3 inches is what a tech at signwarehouse recommended.

Thanks for your advice and help.

Charlie Thomas
Thomas Sign Works