Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contour cutting a large print.

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by cwtjr81, Apr 24, 2007.

1. cwtjr81

cwtjr81 Member

Dec 6, 2006
    Oskaloosa, IA
    I have a large print with letting, stripes and pictures that has to be tiled I have flexi 8 and a graphtec 7000 I was wondering how to move the tiled images in so i have my required 3 or so inch clearance for my auto reg. marks to read.

Thanks in advance

Charlie Thomas:thankyou:

Tags:
  2. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    I don't know from maneuvering panels to accommodate contour cutting but I do know about clearances necessary to do the job.

The only clearance you need to maintain is maybe 1"-2" between the pressure rollers and the outermost registration marks on the outside edges of the media. The thing about auto registration is once you point out the first mark, the software knows at least the neighborhood where it ought to find the rest of them. The immediate vicinity of all registration marks need to be clear of printing but the 3" you reference is overkill.

3. RJ California

RJ California Active Member

Jul 19, 2005
    California
    I agree with Bob on this. I like to allow as much as posible. 1" would be a bare minimum in my opinion though. 2" is plenty.

Adjusting the tiles? - Are you talking about the Panel tab in Rip and Print?

4. RJ California

RJ California Active Member

Jul 19, 2005
    California
    You may have a good question here. I run large panels for contour cut all the time. However I do not recall having ever contour cutting a large graphic that had to be tiled (most of our tiling has been with big flat panels). What happens when you try to adjust the contour file in the Panel section?

5. cwtjr81

cwtjr81 Member

Dec 6, 2006
    Oskaloosa, IA
    Figured it out...

In rip and print there is a button on the general tab that determines placement of your image on the material. I choose to have my panels be 50 inches wide giving me 2 inches on either side when centering the image on 54in material. The 3 inches is what a tech at signwarehouse recommended.

Thanks for your advice and help.

Charlie Thomas
    Thomas Sign Works