Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contour cutting a PDF with Flexi PM

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by MarCom, Jan 7, 2007.

1. MarCom

MarCom Member

Oct 4, 2006
    Michigan
    I have learned how to contour cut files opened using Flexi but I have a situation where I get a customer provided .pdf file that needs to be contour cut. The issue I have is that while I can just drop the file into PM for printing, I do not know how to instruct it to cut it also. If I try to open the pdf in Flexi, it will do so but it loses much of its attributes, i.e.- fonts, spacing etc so that it just doesn't look like what the original pdf look like.

Here's the question: Is there a way in Flexi 8 to drop a .pdf file into the PM for printing AND cutting so that I preserve all the fonts, spacing, etc intended?

Maybe the real question here is: Is there a way to open a .pdf in Flexi 8 that preserves the intended fonts, spacing etc? If I could do that then the cut function is already a known step for me.

This novice thanks any and all who would be so kind as to help me!

Tags:
  2. joshGN

joshGN Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Edmond,Ok
    i would open the pdf in corel or something of that nature and export as an .eps then import into flexi...that is if the pdf is not a rastered image...

3. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Follow this link and start reading The Vector Doctor's tutorial which begins at post #8.