• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour Cutting after Printing in Flexi 8.1

Capital Signs

I have a Graphtec FC8000 64" Model that I just got a couple days ago.

I wanted to see if someone could explain how I can print about 50-100 decals, set registration marks, and feed to graphtec for cutting. Step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated.

I have had an SP-540V for so long and just had that do all my contour cutting right away afterward, but would like to be able to print/lam, then cut. Anybody know how this is done, and can explain... I'm sure this would be helpful not only to me, but many. If this has been already posted, I'm sorry, and if you can direct me to the post that would be great!

Thanks again guys...

mnapuran

hehe... I assume you have ARMS on your Graphtec? If so... just line up w/ the bottom right mark, save it as a new orientation, and tell Flexi to send the cut job :)

I'm out of town right now, or I'd go into more specific detail.

Capital Signs

Maybe I can wait till you get back into town, unless it's like a month or so? Anyone else? I need to know step by step if possible... Yes, it has arms! :) Thanks guys...

mnapuran

Too bad you aren't in Houston instead of Austin... since that's where I am :) I should be back at the office Monday.

bjones

Seriously? Got something against reading the basics in the manual? I have a graphtec 7000 and it's pretty plain as day in the manual how to do this for newbies to the machine.

Sparky

1. Load printed/laminated vinyl into your machine.
2. Tell it that you have a "sheet."
3. Let it find the limits of the vinyl.
4. Test your depth/force in an area you don't need cut. Adjust as necessary.
5. Manually move the blade portion of the cutting unit so that it is in the center of the square of the right side, bottom registration mark (so most of tour media is behind the the machine).
6. Press and hold the "Origin" button. You will hear two quick beeps and third shortly there after.
7. In Production manager, send your job. It will ask you to locate the new origin of the print - hit OK (you did that in step 5)
8. It will locate the registration marks in each of the corners and come back to the original, then start cutting.

Hope that helps, but yeah a manual, or videos on the interweb would have answered this too.

I'm sure that your dealer would be more than happy to just pop on over and show you how to do it...Oh wait, you decided to buy based on a low cost bid from a dealer located thousands of miles away. In that case, you're on your own. Good luck.

Bob

Capital Signs

Bob, Matt is coming down here shortly. We are just waiting on the laminator to come in for him to come and train me. Thanks!

Either way, I appreciate all the positive feedback.

Case

So it's just like using an HS15? Look through the scope and hope you are on point.

Not at all like using an HS15... The Graphtec has a registration mark reader that scan the targets and cuts based off of reading them....

Not like the bombsight way at all....

Case

Capital Signs

Cant wait to get a minute to try it! What I really want to try is it able to cut them out, and you just flick out the decals. that's REALLY cool!

Capital Signs

Sounds great, If I have any problems I will pm you for your number. I really appreciate you all. This way I can offer you all great pricing on decals as well and that way , they are all seperated, rather than in a strip!

Capital Signs

LOL. I think I'm gioing to wait till tomorrow. I tried to set up the blade and everything finally, and it's NOTHING like my roland. Kinda weird, but cuts fast as ALL GET OUT!

Anyways, will be back in the morning, time to go home, have a cuople drinks, relex...

Wife is going out of town for the next 3 days, need to take advantage!!!