• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour Cutting for Mural

Chiproller

Haven't had this problem before so I thought I would run it by the experts.

I am printing a high resolution photo at 4.5' x 8' feet long and need to contour cut a rounded rectangle edge around the photo before we apply it to the wall.
Normally I create these files in Illustrator, place the photo in the file then create the cutcontour line, and then save the whole file as an EPS, but the 200 megabyte jpeg causes Illy problems saying it has run out of virtual memory.

How might I work around this? I use a Mimaki JV33, ONYX rip and, Graphtec Cutter.

I enlarged the image in photoshop, is there a way to create a cutcontour path in photoshop?

Thanks,

Chip

abadsvt

Have you emptied out your .tmp file folder? That should free up some space so you can do it. If not you should really look into upgrading your computer. 200meg isn't uncommon (for me at least). I did a 1.2gig banner a month ago. That was a pain in the $#%. If your not sure how to empty out your .tmp folder do a google search for "erasing .tmp folder window xp" or what ever windows your running. Sorry for not being much help and good luck!

Josh

Haven't had this problem before so I thought I would run it by the experts.

I am printing a high resolution photo at 4.5' x 8' feet long and need to contour cut a rounded rectangle edge around the photo before we apply it to the wall.
Normally I create these files in Illustrator, place the photo in the file then create the cutcontour line, and then save the whole file as an EPS, but the 200 megabyte jpeg causes Illy problems saying it has run out of virtual memory.

How might I work around this? I use a Mimaki JV33, ONYX rip and, Graphtec Cutter.

I enlarged the image in photoshop, is there a way to create a cutcontour path in photoshop?

Thanks,

Chip