• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

contour cutting gradually goes off

robync

I was printing fine last week - now everything i contour cut is gradually creeping off set.
using a miumaki jv300
vector flagship gloss paper and vector brand laminate
3x3" decals are printed in 5 rows / 9 rows with a SIMPLE circular 1/4 contour cut around the logo

first rown is perfect then the snd row is as if the contour cut dropped a few hairs and is slightly off set.

third row it's obvious and unusable to give to customer. by the last row the contour is into the actual logo and garbage.

Can the actual paper and laminate elongate the paper so the contour cut is off - cause it seems like my paper got longer becasue the way the cut is moving.

iSign

how many reg marks are you detecting?

what software?

the theory is that even though different media comp settings will slightly effect the actual length of a print, and even humidity will also change that slightly...

The way the registration mark detect process works, it will measure the distances between the marks, and will adjust to match them

robync

using flexi 8.6 with the same 4 reg mark, systems reads them fine.

I just printed 5 seperate large graphics of 1 image at 30x30 inches and the contour was perfect.

but 60 small images at 3x3" goes gradually off center - it makes no sense to me.