• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour Cutting Help!!! (Mimaki Printer/GCC Puma Plotter)

Krystal Karls

Cannot cut large graphics??

Has anyone else had this issue?

We have a separate printer and vinyl cutter. I can print smaller graphics (about 36") on our Mimaki JV33-130 and then contour cut them on our GCC Puma III (precisely with zero issues) but if I try to do anything larger it cannot read all the registration marks. I am trying to do an 80" logo but as it reads the registration marks going up the left side, each one it scans lower and lower and eventually cannot read the top mark. I have measured the distance between marks and it is exact with the spacing in the Flexi SignPal Pro software. I cannot for the life of me figure out what the issue is if there is no stretching in the media while printing.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
How big are your reg marks? Sometimes making larger marks will help.
Another thing to try is hold a fingernail on the side of the media too see how bad it "walks"or "skews" as it tries to read the marks. If it's walking a good distance (over 1/4") you might try purposely rotating the media a bit to compensate and try again. 80" isn't that long but...

Krystal Karls

How big are your reg marks? Sometimes making larger marks will help.
Another thing to try is hold a fingernail on the side of the media too see how bad it "walks"or "skews" as it tries to read the marks. If it's walking a good distance (over 1/4") you might try purposely rotating the media a bit to compensate and try again. 80" isn't that long but...

I have not been able to find anywhere in my software to adjust the lengths of the registration marks. I see that as being one of the more important things to adjust but can't seem to figure out how to do so. On the one super long graphic I tried doing (163") it did walk a lot but on the 80" one I am trying to do there is no shifting at all, it reads really straight. I have been stuck on this issue for weeks now! Most of the issue I am having is I'm not seeing other people using the SignPal Pro software which is what we use.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Sorry can't be much help other than stated earlier. We use an HP printer and a Mimaki plotter. All reg marks & cut lines are set up within coreldraw using my self made macros then exported out as pdf to a "Hot" folder. The hot folder is basically a print que that our Print Tech uses to nest jobs for various media to print to. We use Flexi Print Manger for that.

Anyway, by setting up all the cuts and marks within corel I have better control of how large/small the reg marks can be. You might be able to do something similar.