• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

contour cutting help

GetPixelized

I am looking for a little help... i am making fathead type stickers for my photography / photo business... i using a canon ipf8300 printer and i want to use a plotter to contour cut the stickers after printing them on my canon. i am looking at purchasing either a grapthec or roland plotter to cut them.... so my questions is this... will the two (printer / plotter) be compatible ??? what if any software will i need to do this... any help is appreciated...thanks...dave

xcracer48

I have seen a video on YouTube where a guy uses a regular printer to print his logo and I be,ieve a Roland gx24 to cut. You just need software that will print registration marks so your plotter can read them and get it lined up. I haven't used cocut like jack pine mentioned but I'm sure that is what he is trying to say, is with those programs you will be able to do that. And I'm sure you can't go wrong with a graphtech or Roland. Plus you may want to check a few dealers that have good deals on both a printer and cutter combo.

Bill Modzel

A Graphtec comes with Cutting Master, and Illustrator plug-in.
It set's the registration marks in Illy and, after the sheet is printed, you line up the first mark on the Graphtec, open the file again in Illustrator and sent the cut. It works very well and there's no extra hoops to jump through.

Jackpine

I use these with a Mutoh Falcon and an Epson 7700 to print and cut.
I have seen a video on YouTube where a guy uses a regular printer to print his logo and I be,ieve a Roland gx24 to cut. You just need software that will print registration marks so your plotter can read them and get it lined up. I haven't used cocut like jack pine mentioned but I'm sure that is what he is trying to say, is with those programs you will be able to do that. And I'm sure you can't go wrong with a graphtech or Roland. Plus you may want to check a few dealers that have good deals on both a printer and cutter combo.

boxerbay

it all depends on the rip your using with the canon and if that rip has a cut plot option. you will need to print with the cut plot option in the rip. the rip will output a .plt file that will run on the plotter/cutter software.

Bill Modzel

One more time. Cutting Master comes with Graphtec plotters. It cuts directly from Illustrator and is totally independent of any rip that you are running. You can place a tiff or jpg or use a native Illy file. Set the registration marks with CM, save as an eps or PDF and print in whatever rip you are using.
Re-open the file in Illy and send the cut layer using CM.

dhamlett15

If you are using a windows driver to print to the Cannon you can print/cut with cut studio that comes with roland plotters I did this with my epson 7600.