• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour cutting multiple prints

thesignplace

I have a Graphtec FC 7000 and I'm running Flexi pro 8
I need to print and then contour cut a whole sheet of decals.
I have had success in printing and cutting a single decal but what about
more than 1

tsgstl

I have a dif plotter but I assume its the same.
If your using flexi rip then you "save to file" when you send the job
Then import each file (prnt/plt) into production manager.

As far as setting up the file:
If its real small you might array it before you send so you can manage it better. Or array it in the rip

thesignplace

Contour cutting multiple printers

I will try those suggestions on Monday. as far as choosing more copies
in production manager it prints registration marks for each individual sticker instead of on each corner of the entire group of prints.
Any help is appreciated.

401Graphics

I will try those suggestions on Monday. as far as choosing more copies
in production manager it prints registration marks for each individual sticker instead of on each corner of the entire group of prints.
Any help is appreciated.
Hmmm that is weird. I'll see if i can find a setting.

CP Signs

I just do 1 decal, apply the contour cut to it, then make copies of that first one making sure to leave space an each side for the registration marks, print then, transfer them to my fc8000, postion the blade over the bottom right mark, go to flexi, send the job, it reads all 4 marks, then cuts then all. Never a problem. I've contour cut 100's at a time. I have 2 local mechanics shop that I do the little sticker to put in the windshield for the next oil change. Never a problem.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
On the rip and print screens there is a check box "use one set for all copies". When checked it will only make one set of registration marks.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I have a dif plotter but I assume its the same.
If your using flexi rip then you "save to file" when you send the job
Then import each file (prnt/plt) into production manager.

That's just another way to work too hard. Just do this...

Wet the file into Production Manager, however you do that. Then, on the second tab of the Job Properties dialog, the one you get by double-clicking on a job, the one that looks remarkably like the Flexi RIP and Print dialog, chance the file disposition form 'Delete' to 'Keep'. Once you do that then the cut and the print jobs will hang around, ripped and ready to cut and print as many times as you want to send them.

As far as setting up the file:
If its real small you might array it before you send so you can manage it better. Or array it in the rip

It's generally better to send one copy to the RIP and Print and/or Production Manager and there set the number of copies. It tends to result in far more optimum blade and media travel for the contour cut.

tsgstl

Once again Bob you come off like someone who either has no clue what he is talking about or is a "my way or your an idiot" kinda guy.

The first way I described can't possibly get any easier. "Hard way" really?? it's pressing like 3 different buttons. And if you have multiple print/cut jobs there is no easier way to keep track what you are doing. I send 3+ totally seperate jobs back to back THEN take it off my printer and contour cut it. This way it leaves minimal space between jobs instead of wasting a lot of material. Many jobs I get have a dozen dif decals that need contour cutting. I label them differently when saving and if I have problems or added quantities I can easily find said file and resend it. The way the production manager displays your last dozen or so jobs sent makes it a breeze keeping jobs straight.

As for my second point, I do a lot of smaller hard hat decals. I array them prior to sending for two main reasons. One it allows me to keep it from printing too close to the edge without manipulating a false page size. Two I can combine multiple smaller jobs together instead of sending multiple smaller runs, once again saving material.

Last edited:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Once again Bob you come off like someone who either has no clue what he is talking about or is a "my way or your an idiot" kinda guy...

That may be the case, an alternate explanation might be found in the abysmal reading comprehension skills of others.

...The first way I described can't possibly get any easier. "Hard way" really?? it's pressing like 3 different buttons. And if you have multiple print/cut jobs there is no easier way to keep track what you are doing. I send 3+ totally seperate jobs back to back THEN take it off my printer and contour cut it. This way it leaves minimal space between jobs instead of wasting a lot of material. Many jobs I get have a dozen dif decals that need contour cutting. I label them differently when saving and if I have problems or added quantities I can easily find said file and resend it. The way the production manager displays your last dozen or so jobs sent makes it a breeze keeping jobs straight.

If you are making multiple passes of otherwise identical jobs, what I was talking about, then what could you possibly find difficult and confounding to keep track of?

You RIP the thing, print as many passes as necessary, then load the prints in the plotter and cut them. One job, well actually two, the print part and the cut part. But Flexi knows they are the same job. If you set the file disposition to 'Hold' on either one, they both will hang around until you delete either one.

Spending more than a nanosecond attempting to save a couple of inches of media is foolish. This usually is the mark of an amateur.

tsgstl

You amuse me

I never said there was anything wrong with how you did it I just explained why I do it my way. My original post was to inform the op as best I could. If you also notice I said I have a different plotter. I have a mutoh plotter. It requires at least 18" or more of material after a job to properly read registration marks. Maybe your volume of work is much less than mine but I can easily save 10' or more of linear material with just a few jobs sent. In a month I have no doubt I save over $100 or more of material not to mention the time I save loading a roll of multiple jobs on the plotter instead of individual sheets. There are plenty of more reasons I would still do it my way but I could care less to share them with you.