• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour cutting problem with Onyx 10 Cut Server with Mutoh SC-1400D

kfinnn

I started a new job where we have a Mutoh Ultima SC-1400D and Onyx Cut Server. I've been able to print with the registration box and bar code but the cutter cuts what looks like a strange alien version of what it's supposed to cut. I've attached a photo of the problem (larger version attached). Any ideas? Using Onyx Cut Server 10. USB connection to the cutter.

photo.jpg

jfiscus

Rap Master
Are you setting the plotter to "remote" before sending the job or after you click send/cut in onyx?
Ours is wonky if you send the job before the plotter is ready; but it is a mimaki.

Hotspur

Do you have USECUTSPLINES OFF ticked in the rip? (setup-rip configuration-configure jaws rip)?

Give it a go it might make a difference - "By default, the cutter drivers will send splines to cutters that support splines but will convert the splines to line segments for those cutters that don’t support splines. Choose this option if you do NOT want to use splines when generating cut paths (for instance, if you are seeing stray lines in your cut data). Enabling this option will turn off the splines function for cutters"

kfinnn

About to give up.

I've tried every possible configuration of USECUTSPLINES. One thing I noticed. If I tell Onyx the cutter is set up as USB it does not communicate at all. I have to configure as a serial connection. Then it communicates, but not correctly. I've also tried all the emulation modes which appears to make no difference. Now, after all the diddling I've done it will find the side lines of the registration box but ultimately comes back with "no valid EPOS data found." I give up! Time to call Onyx and spend the money for their support. Thanks all who responded.