• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

contour cutting then flexcutting over it?

F80M3

Custom Title
I have a brand new Summa D75

I have 300 3" circle decals to do. Printed on Oracal 3651 laminated with oragaurd 210

I've noticed that if i do a normal flexcut the circle isnt 100% perfect like if i were to do a standard contour cut. I have set my distances to .7/.2mm which has greatly helped but still not perfect.

would i be able to do a contour cut 1st, then use flex cut over the same cut line to then cut the backing (with less pressure required than if i only did a perf cut) and have a nice looking circle?

or is there a better way to do this? Customer wants the backing to be circles and not squares or else I'd just contour cut the circle, then (flexcut) perfcut them into squares

thoughts? suggestions? ideas?

F80M3

Custom Title
Thanks I'll try the speed thing...Phil from Summa also emailed me with some tips. Thanks Phil!

I was also thinking, i could contour cut the decals, then just perf cut a 1/8" circle around the contour cut if it comes down to it. so it will still be the shape they like, but the edges of the sticker when applied will be perfect :thumb: