• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour cutting VP-540 prints with a Graphtech Plotter/Cutter

graywoulf

Have any of you heard anything about using a Graphtec plotter/cutter to contour cut printed decals from a Roland VP-540? I hear that there is a software package available for such but I do not know where to find it or how it is used or if it exisists, does it work well or is it a pain to use.

yeah, my supplier i'm pretty sure does that package. phone up proveer and ask them about, at least then you can get some info. your in NC also, same as me, i use proveer out of garner, near raleigh.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I do it on a regular basis. You have to include Cutting Master's crop marks on your print instead of Roland's crop marks. Works very well, but there is a learning curve in positioning the print in the graphtec - once you get the hang of where you need to position the crop marks it's easy schmeasy

nwbee

What's the problem with using the VP540 to contour cut? I do it all the time and it works perfectly. Its the reason we got the printer/cutter.

CS-SignSupply

If you have the Graphtec cutter, you should have the software. No need to buy any more unless you prefer to use one software package as your solution. Flexi Pro

firesignz

Celebrating 10 Years in business
Which cutter?

I have an FC8000 and found that with Flexi 7.5 it can't be done. Need to either upgrade to new version of flexi or use a different SW. Personally, I opted for Illustrator for those jobs which require contour cutting. Works fine with plug in.

Fivestar

I do it on a regular basis. You have to include Cutting Master's crop marks on your print instead of Roland's crop marks. Works very well, but there is a learning curve in positioning the print in the graphtec - once you get the hang of where you need to position the crop marks it's easy schmeasy
I haven't ever needed to do it, but how/where do you include Cutting Masters crop marks instead of Roland's? In Versa Works, Flexisign, Illy?

Like I said, I've never needed to do this but I'd be interested as I've got a VP-540 and a Graphtec 24" cutter.

What's the problem with using the VP540 to contour cut? I do it all the time and it works perfectly. Its the reason we got the printer/cutter.

not sure his reason, but, i know alot of people do this method so the printer is free to print whilst having a seperate cutter just to cut, it free up both machines and is faster.

i also use my vp540i to print and cut and do not have a seperate cutter for my vp.

graywoulf

Tell me more please...

OK, I am using Flexi 10 Pro. Where do I find instructions or more information about this? Obviously Cutting Master is a plug-in for Corel or AI so that won't help me. Thanks for all of your information so far!