• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

contour cutting with cj 500 and flexisign pro 10 after printing and lamination. help!

kendi082000

Hi! Im new to this. Pls help me how to contour cut with cj 500 and flexisign pro 10 after printing and laminating the design. anyone can give me steps on how to do this. I really appreciate any help. Thanks
-candy

lodcomm

Hello,

When you print your original, make sure you have "print crop marks" selected in your flexi dialog. Then to re-align your laminated print for contour cutting, you need to follow the procedures (auto or manual), setting the Base & Align points as outlined starting on page 56 in the Roland CJ500 users guide.

cheers

-t

lodcomm

We did on the printer but it didnt detect the crop marks.

couple things..

1) Some people have complained about the sc500 not detecting the crop marks through the laminate.. possibly try placing the laminate over your printing but leave the crop marks outside of the laminate.

2) get ahold of a cj500 service manual and perform the crop mark sensor calibration (page 103). On my cj500, I found that the variable resistor on the carriage cutting board (the little screw that you use to adjust the voltage during the calibration) was broken, and I could not calibrate the sensor to the required +2V. Hopefully yours is intact, and you simply need to do the calibration.

-t

AutoGraphx

CJ 500 Contour Cut

This may not help unless a Roland tech reads. The Roland tech that looked at mine found an internal setting that was wrong. Where it read : 00000000, it should have been something like : 000000100. After he changed it it detected the registration marks and worked fine. I don't have the machine any more so I can't be of more help. Like I said a technician may know what this setting is.

lodcomm

This may not help unless a Roland tech reads. The Roland tech that looked at mine found an internal setting that was wrong. Where it read : 00000000, it should have been something like : 000000100. After he changed it it detected the registration marks and worked fine. I don't have the machine any more so I can't be of more help. Like I said a technician may know what this setting is.

I have no Idea whatsoever about the internal setting you describe.. however In my case, when my SC500 not reading the crop marks, I went to perform the calibration I outlined above and found the VR was damaged (ie: the screw head and wiper were completely missing!) - The voltage on the calibration readout was stuck at .02V (no where near the 2V it should be per the service manual). I replaced the cutter carriage board (had a good Variable resistor on it!) and calibrated the voltage to the 2V. and my sc500 reads the crop marks perfectly now, even through laminate.

I do recall reading a post somewhere on here about not putting the internal DIP Switch to the "SC500" mode, because someone was complaining that their SC500 failed to read crop marks when the DIP was switched out of CJ500 mode? Maybe thats what your tech was looking at... and candy could check that as well.

BTW: What Part of Mississauga are you from? My Uncle used to own Meadowvale Stables over in Brampton. Right there along side the Credit River/Meadowvale Conservation area on 2nd Line West. (they call 2nd line west "chincousey road" or something like that now - The farm, stables & house are all long gone now :(

-t