• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour cutting

Using flexi and contour cutting on a pretty thick material with a q54 cutter...while setting the material...it goes crooked and is not picking up the back contour marks....any help appreciated...I have tightened rollers as tight as I think they will go

Make sure the rollers and grit rollers are clean.
Slowing it down helps too. When you're working with heavy material, just like mashing the gas on your car from a stop, wheels can spin on these too.
Thank you...will try slowing it down.....it's a long piece of material

Vortex37

Laminator Whisperer
I would manually set the registration marks at that point but I’m not familiar with that particular cutter so I’m not sure if you have that option. Also when setting reg marks manually I have to use the native software rather than Flexi because Flexi doesn’t seem have an option for that.
But before I go to the utter PIA it is to set the marks manually I try to compensate for the skew by reloading the graphic at a similarly skewed angle and pray to the sign gods that it’s enough to get it to see those rear marks.

So i just read that the q54 doesn't contour media thicker than 0.3mm and looked my material up and it says its 6mm BUT i have cut it before.....can I get around this???

EVERY TIME!!!! I AM SO MAD....I HAVE DONE THIS A THOUSAND TIMES AND IT ALWAYS WORKS...NOW THIS

Attachments

• 20230715_102500.jpg
    20230715_102500.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 73

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Also semi off topic but the Member to Member Classifieds Help Wanted section is for members to post help wanted ads, as in "Now Hiring". Not so much for asking for help with something specific like this. Many might not see a question asking for help posted in this section and you might get more replies if this were posted in the Flexi section instead since more will be looking there.....

No biggie - just mentioning this is all....
We do use Flexi but that that brand cutter but as others mentioned. Best I can think is to be sure the grit rollers are not clogged up, slow the various cutter settings down (Summa has many like feed, acceleration, actual cutting speed, etc) for longer jobs where accuracy is lacking.